I am a 20 year old female. I want coolsculpting done.. Can I treat my waist so i can become smaller??? (photo)

I am very happy with my body, I go to the gym to lose inches in my waist I want an extra push my measurements are 34-28-34 I have a goal of having a 23 inch waist. IS this the right thing for me? I just want a smaller waist, I don't have "love handles" I'm about 135lb. When I pull on my fat in this area only about an inch come out the side so not much but the gym and waist training is not enough. The smaller my waist the larger my behind will seem. Would this be worth it for me?

I am a 20 year old female. I want coolsculpting done.. Can I treat my waist so i can become smaller???

You may be a great candidate for CoolSculpting. Please seek an in person assessment from an experienced clinic.

CoolSculpting Treatment

You need to be evaluated to see if your problem is due to excess fat thickness or intra abdominal fullness.  If you have thicker fat around your abdomen, CoolSculpting may provide you with an improvement.  Losing weight through diet may provide you the largest change.

Eric P. Bachelor, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Usually you will need about 2-3 inches of 'pinch' for CoolSculpting. Ultrashape may be better for you.

Ultrashape is an alternative to CoolSculpting that allows for a little less fat, yet still does a good job.  Your picture didn't show anything but from your description, you don't have a huge amount of fat and not so much laxity so that could mean you are a better candidate for Ultrashape, which works well in those instances.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results

Coolsculpting can be used in my areas of the body. I suggest a formal consultation to see what is best -- non invasive versus not.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Waist reduction with Coolsculpting?

I don't think it is possible to go from a 28 to a 23 inch waist with Coolsculpting. This procedure only reduces fat, and only about 20-25% each treatment. Liposuction would be a more aggressive treatment. Given the poor photo quality, I'm not sure what or if anything would work.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting To Shrink Waist

Your picture is poor quality and hard to see, but it sounds like you don't have enough fat to be an appropriate candidate for CoolSculpting. There may be other options available for you, though. I would suggest an in-person consultation and evaluation with an experienced provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolscultping for a small waist

Your picture did not come through, but from your description it sounds as if you may not have enough pinchable fat for a CoolSculpting applicator.  You may be able to use the flat applicator for the central tummy.   One can also consider using RF technology to 'melt' the fat in a more localized manner.  We will often switch to VanquishME or Thermi 250 when there is not enough fat to fill the CoolSculpting cup.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpt and waist measurement

The picture is very dark but considering your description of you having a waist of 28, I think it is unrealistic to expect that the CoolSculpt process will get you to 23.  However, this is said without seeing good pictures of you.  It would be very difficult to lose 5 inches and in fact, I would say it is safe to say just about impossible.
 See your plastic surgeon for an evaluation to try to estimate what help you can get from CoolSculpt versus the traditional liposuction etc
 It is always important to have realistic expectations for any approach to body contouring.