Would an upper-blepharoplasty open up my eyes? (Photos)

I originally thought I needed a brow lift to solve my concern, but many doctors here have told me my hairline is to high for the methods I feel comfortable with (afraid of full hairline scar). While I'd like for my brows to be higher up, my main concern is how hooded and small my eyes appear. I have some extra skin, but it truly doesn't feel extreme. Would the eyelid surgery be effective in giving me a more "doe-eyed" look?

Low set eyebrows and upper lid heaviness

You appear to have minimal upper eyelid skin and a browlift might be the best option. Non surgical alternatives include the use of botox to raise your eyebrows and you may want to try that first to make sure you like the look. An endoscopic browlift is a surgical alternative that can be done without lengthening your forehead. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You do have low brows. An upper lid blepharoplasty would not correct this issue and could exasperate it. There are several different methods to surgically elevate the brow. Consult with an experienced face surgeon to discuss the different methods. Neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport would give you some temporary, non surgical improvement.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not have a blepharoplasty yet

If you are not comfortable with a tricophytic brow elevation, a blepharoplasty not be the next choice, since it would shorten the upper eyelid fold and potentially make your brow seem even lower. Botox and Dysport can be used to lift the brows naturally. Try that first. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Direct lateral brow lift is an option

One option to consider is a direct lateral brow lift. Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) would not provide a good cosmetic result because the brows would appear to be down on the eyelid. However, a lateral direct brow lift with the incision very close to the brows would give you a great result without a long incision. In your photograph, I can see that the brow hairs are growing upward and would cover the incision very nicely. Just a consideration... Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift for heavy brows?

this is what you need to kill many birds with one stone. You only need to find a surgeon who is familiar with this technique to have a scar which does not show. Having done several thousands of these surgeries i can tell you my patients and their hairdressers love it. Look at photos of the resultant hairline of several surgeons. The hairline can be lowered as well if desired.