What can I do for my undefined jawline and loose neck skin? (20 yrs old) (photos)

I must start by saying this isnt genetic or fat! I lost and gained weight so many times that my skin gave out around my neck. It looks like my submandibular glands are always hanging out and if I even slightly face down my face wrinkles and forms many chins. Id like a smooth, defined neck and jawline. I am considering all options, even invasive. It is very uncomfortable.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. Your youth suggests that a surgical treatment such as the laser-assisted weekend necklift may not be suitable. Injectibles, such as Kybella, may be an option for you so I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Laser -assisted liposuction may be of benefit but it will not redefine your jawline.  In some cases suspension-sutures can be placed through small incisions behind the ears and under the chin and can improve jawline definition.  Given your young age it is obviously better to limit the extent of the procedure(s) you choose to undergo.

Liposuction for fat and slight excess skin in the neck

The photos that you have provided demonstrate moderate fatty deposits in the neck and some mild excess skin laxity.  Laser liposuction will address this problem quite nicely.  The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and the laser will not only reduce the fat but it will also tighten the skin.  Recovery is immediate.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck contour

Thank you for your question. In order to determine the best option for you it is important to seek a consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon. There  are both surgical and nonsurgical options for neck contouring . Liposuction , Thermitight (radio frequency treatment ) coolsculpting , and kybella are treatments that may be a possibility depending upon your evaluation .

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for fatty deposit in the neck

The limited photographs demonstrate fatty deposits in the neck for which liposuction can remove successfully.    For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link  below