Minor lip or smile surgery to make lips less squished and sad? (photos)

Hello! While I know the spacing between my lip and nose is fine, I do not like the way my lips face down. It makes me feel like gravity is pulling my lips off of my face and causes me to look depressed. I want a different lip shape that makes me more approachable and I wouldn't mind having minor tooth show. I also really dislike how gaunt my lower face has become. Is there a procedure you'd recommend in conjuction?

Lips

Thank you for your question and picture. In my opinion I would recommend fat transfer to the lip and shape it which is more permanent.  Also you can get some filler like Juvedurm or Belotero.  Any of those options will be great.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and schedule a consultation to get some options that best will meet your goal. 

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

Lip Augmentation NYC

You definitely can have the lips augmented with Juvederm and have them "upturned" with a better cosmetic result.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Minor lip or smile surgery to make lips less squished and sad?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I would recommend the use of a hyaluronic acid dermal filler into your lips to improve volume and lip definition and a small amount of Botox in the corners of your mouth to improve their downward pull.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a direct lip lift which removes tissue directly from above the upper lip line border to provide an end result of a slightly raised effect. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation NYC

I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty face, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Same is true for lower face. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD