Crepey skin at 20? What can I do at my age? (Photo)

My skin has gone downhill in the last two years and now I am 20 with the face of a 35 y/o! It feels deflated and itchy as well... I want real results because creams and serums are not enough. I'm on retin A and don't see any results thus far. Would dermarolling and filler be my best bet? I cannot hide any of it with makeup and I know my face has lost volume and I need some back...

Gentle lasers and treatments

At your age, gentle treatments are recommended. Depending on what you would like to achieve the following options are possible-1. QSL laser toning using low dose Q switch lasers2. Laser genesis using vascular lasers that also stimulate collagen3. Clear + Brilliant with peptide infusion and Vitamin A creams 4. Microneedling with serums and vitamin C5. Low dose TCA peels. All of these are possible methods to improve your skin at YOUR age. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment for crepey skin

A great treatment for crepey skin is combining home micro-needling with human growth factor serum. The micro-channels created in the skin enhance penetration of topical serums and medications, dramatically increasing their effectiveness. Up to 80% of product can penetrate the skin compared to 7 to 10% with normal topical application without micro-needling.
My office recommends a serum made by ProCell Therapies that contains concentrated growth factors derived from human bone marrow stem cells that is made specifically for micro-needling. It is superior to other sources of growth factors such as PRP, fibroblasts, and adipose-derived stem cells. Human growth factor serums have already been shown to reverse the signs of skin aging and combining them with micro-needling significantly increases their effectiveness.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon