24 years old & have festoona; what can I do to lessen the appearance? Is there a permanent and/or temporary fix? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Genetics and facial form
I agree with the previous comments that this is largely a genetic issue. Looking at your eyes, you have a little less support from your cheeks and what we call a negative vector or downward slant to the eye axis. It also seems that your cheeks appear to have less prominence and are slightly flattened. This contributes to the saggy appearance of your lower eyelids.I agree for your age and desires, a facial filler may be the best option. Hylauronic fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft for the cheeks can provide some support. This is a temporary product that resorbs over time so it may be an option for you to try and see if you like it. It can also be dissolved if there is an immediate concern or you don't want to wait for it to dissolve.
The well meaning surgeon who suggested a work up for allergies is barking up the wrong tree in my opinion.
Best of luck!
You might also like...
Swelling over cheeks at age 22
- You do not appear to have what I call festoons - but swelling over the cheek bone.
- This is not related to the eye lids - but usually to the sinuses.
- They may also be related to make up. and air pollution, among other irritants.
- I suggest you see an ENT specialist for a full evaluation of your facial sinuses -
- It is possible that the drainage passages of your sinuses are too narrow and if opened, the swelling will subside.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.