What treatment should I get a consultation on for deep wrinkles directly under the eye and above the bone? (photo)

I am 30 years old and have very deep wrinkles under my eyes. I wouldn't consider them bags, but maybe I'm wrong. They are above my rear troughs and bone. I despise them and they age me SO much. I use Botox for my crows feet and tried some for these as well but Botox didn't help them at all. Would restalyne or belotera be a better option?

Doctor Answers 5

Lowe eyelid wrinkles

as you well stated your problem is not due to excess fat of the lower eyelid (bags) but rather an overgrowth of the orbicularis muscle called hypertrophy and although Botox might help the best treatment is a lower blepharoplasty. Look for a plastic surgeon with experience in eyelid surgery or an Occuloplastics board certified doctor. Good luck!

Undereye Folds

Thank you for your question. I am able to determine from you photos that you have an overgrowth of the orbicularis muscle (hypertrophy). The best treatment for this is lower blepharoplasty. I would look for a surgeon who has experience in eyelid surgery. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

Surgery or filler?

Your picture is helpful and you will get better results from surgery to remove excess skin. Fillers would have been better option if you had depressed circles. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 122 reviews

Undereye folds

It is apparent from the photos that you would not benefit from Botox or fillers. Surgery is indicated here and be sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Bye Bye Wrinkles-Under Eye Treatments: Fillers, Lasers, Microneedling/prp, Botox

A combination approach would be best. Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye bags and wrinkles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with a cosmetic dermatologist to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.