Should I stop use in preparation for our day in the sun or continue with my broadband sunscreen (and Probably a Fedora) (photo)

I am using tretinoin .025% gel with no abnormal side affects. Next time I'll probably ask for the cream because it is a bit drying. This weekend my family and I are going to Austin Texas. While we are there, we have many outdoor activities planned. I have been using Retin-A for four weeks.

Retin-A and Sun Exposure

As you are aware, use of Retin-A does make you more sun-sensitive, but use of the product during times of sun exposure is ok, as long as you are mindful of this fact and careful in the sun. In order to protect yourself, application of a broad-spectrum SPF, minimum 30, reapplied hourly in addition to a hat (the wider the brim the better), is necessary. No need to hide, just be careful!