Would rhinoplasty be the best option? (photos)

I feel like my nose is deformed. I'm fine when infront of a mirror, but when a picture is taken, it's completely different. My nose is very crooked at on the right nostril, and by that I mean it comes up more. Also, when I smile the same side goes up more and my right eye is bigger. Is there anything I can do about that? It feels as if my whole right side is deformed, what can I do? Is there an option to have my whole right side worked on?

No need for surgery

Based on the concerns and issues, I would not recommend surgery for you!  You have a beautiful face and nose.  The slight left to right asymmetry is very difficult if even possible to fix and to be fair, almost everyone has some asymmetry to their noses (even the hottest celebrities out there)!

Consult a board certified Rhinoplasty surgeon who performs Rhinoplasty as 100% of his career for more discussion.

All the best!

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Facial Asymmetry

Good question

Everyone has facial asymmetry.  The two sides of the face grow up like "sisters" rather than twins.  So if you look hard enough, everyone has one side that is different from the other.  In your case, that asymmetry is slightly more pronounced.  Its not dramatic, but I see what your concern is.  

Before we can answer what will correct it, we should evaluate what the cause is.  The most likely situation is that the bones under your face are different on each side, which can be seen on a CT scan.  Also possible is that the muscles on one side of the lip are stronger and create more pull, which also affects the nose. 

The only way to know for sure is to visit a doctor and have full evaluation.  I would recommend going to a facial plastic surgeon that has experience with bony work and craniofacial training.  

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon