Juvederm Ultra.

I had 1 ml of Juvederm ultra last week, super happy with the results but I do want to go slightly bigger - would it be worth getting just half a ml or is it best to wait 4 weeks and get another 1 ml?

Wait another couple weeks

I would tell you the best thing to do would be to wait another couple weeks, let the filler settle in appropriately before deciding to do any more.  At that time, then you can add as much volume as you like.  You may also find that you would be happy just by adding a little more for definition, etc.  It really depends on how things settle.  Best of luck.

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra

It is best to wait approximately 4 weeks to add more filler to lips.  It allows the filler to settle properly.  then you can decide if you want bigger.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Let your body adjust to the filler before you decide to get more Juvederm or another hyaluronic acid filler. The final will not be evident for 2 weeks.  More can always be added. Best,  Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Ultra

I suggest waiting two weeks and then going for 1ml of Juvederm. That would probably give you enough volume. Juvederm comes in 2 sizes in the US - 1ml and .4ml. The .4ml size is really not enough for any significant difference. I've done hundreds of lips :-)

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Adding more volume after 1 syringe

Depending on the area treated an the person, multiple syringes may be needed for full effect.   It is difficult to make any assumptions without seeing someone in person or a photograph.  However, if 1 syringe has made a significant result, 1/2 a syringe may be enough.  Wait 2 weeks for full effect and for swelling to subside, then return to your physician for an evaluation.  It is never a bad idea to add small amounts to tweak and area.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra lip injections

Great to hear that you are happy with your results. It's hard to determine whether you need more filler without a seeing photos. Generally, I would recommend you wait 2 weeks for any swelling and bruising to resolve before deciding on additional filler injection. Good luck!

Juvederm Ultra

Thank you for your question. I would wait two weeks for all swelling to resolve before you make a decision on whether to go bigger. At that time you can assess how much filler you would like to add to get to the fullness you are looking for. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

More Juvederm?

Thanks for your question!  I'm glad to hear you are so happy with your results!  I tell my patients to wait for two weeks post injections prior to evaluating for their final result.  It will be easier to tell how much volume is needed once the swelling subsides.  Best of luck!

Juvederm for lips

Hello, and thanks for your question. Best thing would be to wait a couple of weeks until all swelling goes down, at which point you can carefully assess your final result. At that time you may decide to have a little more voluma added. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Final Result After Juvederm

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest that you wait 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling to resolve and to see your final result.  At that point, if you would like more volume, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and enjoy your Juvederm!