Do I need a nose job? (Photo)

Hello.. I'm 18 years old, I don't like my nose and I think it makes me look ugly. The left side of my nose doesn't look like the right side .. also one side a bit longer than the other one, so i'm thinking of a nose job later , maybe on 20 years old, what do you think ? I need your recomindation please. Thanks

Rhinoplasty

First of all it is very important for you to realize that you're very beautiful.  You should not feel ugly at all.

However, if the nose bothers you it can be certainly improved to rhinoplasty.  Removing the hump on the nose along with making the nasal tip appeared more defined will make a big difference.

Given that you have very thick skin it will be very important to get steroid injections once a month for at least 3-6 months after your surgery.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a nose job?

Greetings
Thank you for your question and photos, You will need Rhinoplasty operation however the best is to visit a plastic surgeon that will explain to you one on one during your consultation what you can expect if you are to have Rhinoplasty operation. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump, and a weak recessive chin profile. To improve the side profile, consider a chin implant to bring the chin forward along with a rhinoplasty to shave down the dorsal hump, and straighten the bridge line. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Do I need a rhinoplasty

If you are interested in improving your appearance, you should consult with an expert in rhinoplasty. You will have an exchange of  ideas about what you want and what can be obtained through surgery. You may also find out that the surgeon may recommend that you correct your short chin, to further enhance your appearance.
Do your homework. Good luck.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Do You Need a Nose Job?

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  As long as your nose functions well, you don't need to have surgery, but if you don't like the way it looks, you may want to have surgery.  In my opinion, you would absolutely benefit from a rhinoplasty to remove the bump and narrow your nose.  Computer imaging would be very helpful to show you the changes that are possible.  From the photos that you sent, it appears that your chin is a bit underprojected and so I think that you would benefit from a chin implant also.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a nose job?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty will certainly refine your nose.  It is smart to think about the surgery and thoroughly do your research before having a rhinoplasty. Your nasal dorsum could be reduced and your nasal tip refined giving you a more feminine and elegant appearance.  Meet with a plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Good luck!

Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

Do I need a nose job?

Only you can decide if you need or want to change your nose. Your current nose in my opinion does not match your face. You can have a refined, more elegant, feminine nose that would compliment your facial features. Be very careful and complete in your investigation of Surgeons and in making your final decision. The best time to get the best result is the first surgery.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. First off, while you may want to improve the look of your 
nose, you are attractive even if you do nothing. That said, rhinoplasty can be used to
reshape the nose to a look that you may like better. Our minimum age for rhinoplasty in woman is 17, so
it is really up to you as to when is the right time. While impossible to make a diagnosis without an exam, it does appear that you would be a candidate for rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty can be used to lower a dorsal hump, make a nose straighter and improve symmetry.
I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon who performs rhinoplasty on a regular basis to
explore your options and see if you are a good candidate.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Wishes

Thanks for your post. It's natural to consider self-improvement throughout our lives for features that we wish to improve. While your nose maybe somewhat less balanced and refined as you may wish, you are not ugly or unattractive. Nevertheless, you appear to be an excellent candidate to consider nasal enhancement with a rhinoplasty. 18 to 25 years of age are popular times for young women to consider this type of procedure. Based on an in-person consultation with a reputable, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon, I am confident that you would receive  appropriate recommendations for rhinoplasty now or in the future. Continue your research regarding physicians who may offer you the most natural and attractive results. Check Board Certifications, reviews, reputation, websites and suggestions from friends and family. Good luck with your search. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon