Is Benelli lift necessary with 300-325 cc silicone breast implant? (photos)

Will a Benelli lift be beneficial to achieving a perkier look? How is scarring with the lift? Is the Benelli lift a good idea? Can I achieve the look I want in photo below with just an implant? Moderate vs high profile?

100% do not get a lift

It would completely un-necessary and the Benelli lift does not look good over time.  It flattens the breast where it should be the most projected and can widen the nipple areolar complex unless a permanent suture is used to control the NAC diameter.  You have gorgeous breasts and will do awesome with the RIGHT implant.  There are lots to choose from and you need to get the perfect one for you to reach your goals.  Hope this helps.

Benefit of a Lift with Augmentation

It is usually not the best option to get breast implants without a lift, as the skin can stretch out and sagging can eventually set in with the weight of the implant. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy.  This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.  The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

No Benelli

Breast augmentation is often performed to increase the size of the breast for aesthetic reasons. The decision on size, shape, and position of these implants is based on your anatomy, the type and size of the implant, and your preferences. The implant profile is based on the ratio of desired volume and projection to your breast width - as the volume increases for a specific breast base width, the projection increases from standard, to moderate, to high profile. The need for a lift is determined by your current nipple position, its relationship to your breast fold (IMF), and the quality of your tisssue. 

Based on your pictures, you should have nice result from a standard dual plane, breast augmentation through an IMF incision. The implant profile will depend on your desired projection and base width. A lift of any kind - especially a Benelli - will likely not be needed. 

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional simulations can help guide your implant choices. A second opinion with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Is Benelli lift necessary with 300-325 cc silicone breast implant?

You are a good candidate foe a breast augmentation  without lift.

I do notice that your left breast is slightly lower than your right breast.If this is bothersome to you ,an internal lift could be performed at the time of your augmentation ,in order to give you better symmetry.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Benelli breast lift candidates

in review of your pictures, I agree with the others that you probably do not need a lift of any sort for a good result. In the experience of many, Benelli style procedures have unfavorable long term results with flattening and areola diameter spread. It is rare I discuss this option with patients anymore

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift necessary with 300-325 cc silicone breast implant?

Thank you for sharing your photos.

The type of technique, prothesis, volume and position will depend of the medical evaluation.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Breast augmentation candidate WITHOUT lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have  small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) : Breast Augmentation.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift options

Thanks for your inquiry, I do not think you need a Benelli lift to a great result, BUT I do think it will have a more pronounced lower pole fill than the after result you have posted.  Good Luck.  

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs (especially side views) breast lifting does not appear to be necessary.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique.  You do not need a lift.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD