I WANT a "pig nose". Any suggestions? (photos)

The infamous "pig nose". I have a very defined bridge and a rather large nose that was given to me by my father (thanks, Dad). I love the way little noses look, and I want as much as my bridge smoothed and flattened as possible. I realize people normally ask for the opposite so - is this possible?

Tiny nose

You have shown a picture of a nose in a completely different type of face to your - completely different in bone type, skin thickness and complexion and the nose you are describing is unachievable if you want to maintain a functional nose so the sort of changes your are talking about i believe would look bizarre and lead to disastrous collapse of your nose 

Pig has a bad connotation. How about just: short and cute.

Short and cute is great. See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I elevated the tip of your nose, lowered and narrowed the bridge, narrowed the tip, and brought the nose back closer to your face. Who knows, maybe you'd want even more change. The Asian nose you demonstrated has a typical Asian very very low bridge. That cannot be created on your nose, because your anatomy won't tolerate that much of a change, but the question is always how much can be done safely and predictably in the direction that the patient want to go?

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

And I never made a morph with a cat before.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want a pig nose

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Schedule a consultation with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area.  Your surgeon will be able to address your thoughts and concerns with a treatment plan. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

I WANT a "pig nose".

The best thing for you is to go to an experienced surgeon who uses computer imaging. Then you can see a conservative change, a more aggressive change and an overly aggressive change on your face. You also need to understand that noses are living functioning structures that over aggressive treatment will lead to disaster.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to make nose flat and piggy

Rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the shape of the nose to bring in into better balance with the facial features.  You are a beautiful young women and I believe the nose you are requesting would not "fit" your face.  You could consider going to a consultation and undergoing imaging morphing to better communicate your goals.  This would help you understand if this the aesthetic you are seeking.  I would proceed with caution as I do believe your request would not be in your best interest.

I WANT a "pig nose". Any suggestions?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photos. you will need to visit a plastic surgeon in your area for evaluation however i think you do not need this surgery.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person and discuss your options, advantages, and disadvantages.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Possible but not advisable

Just because something might be possible doesn't mean you should do it.   This is a very unusual request.   No ethical surgeon would do this.   You are a beautiful person,  which worries me about your motivations.   Please reconsider your wishes.   

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Although your results may be surgically attainable, I am concerned it may not fit your face. Functionally, reducing your bridge that small will likely impact your ability to breath, as well as leave behind excess skin that may not retract with such an aggressive dissection. Before committing to surgery, I suggest you seek a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who can perform imaging and show you what potential results would like on your face.

I hope this helps!

Javad Sajan, MD 

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

No Pig's Nose

No, please reconsider wanting a pig's nose.  You are a lovely lady and would benefit from Rhinoplasty surgery to give you a feminine nose.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD