Should I be concerned about getting Botox in my 11s since I have a very thin face? Seems like there isn't much muscle there.

Botox for 11s

Thank you for your question Summer girl 13. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the vertical lines between the brows seen when one frowns, sometimes called the elevens. Botox relaxes muscles which cause wrinkles when they contract. If there is no muscle, there would be no wrinkles. Botox in this area does not affect the contour of the face. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox in the 11's and Thin Face

Botox in the 11's is the most popular area to have Botox. Having a thin face should have No effect on the botox.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green

BOTOX for Thin Face with 11's

Thank you for posting your interesting question. Patient's with thin faces can have 11's between the eyebrows and BOTOX injections can greatly improve these. BOTOX is a neurotoxin that is injected into the corrugator muscles that produce the 11's. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, who is experienced with BOTOX, before you proceed. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Botox to relax eyebrow wrinkles in thin skin

Botox and similar wrinkle relaxers are the most common cosmetic treatments for the "11s" in-between the eyebrows. Botox can be used safely to help treat the muscles that are contributed to the wrinkles. 

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have used Botox and/or the other neurtoxins for over 30 years.  Despite the thin face, if you have glabellar lines and creases (11's), these are caused by muscle action.  Botox can be safely used to soften these lines.

Hope this helps.  

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
A thin face can still create the appearance of "11's" in your glabella area. Botox works great in between your brows, regardless of how large your glabella muscle may be. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox works fine in a thin face

Botox should work just fine even in a thin face. Botox relaxes those muscles that cause the 11's between the brows. Even with a thin face, those muscles can still be a problem, and the solution is the same as those with heavier faces. Just make sure you see an injector with a lot of experience.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox will help with your 11s

Botox works great to reduce the 11 lines between the eyebrows. The muscle is called the glabella. Sometimes people with thin faces have a smaller muscle than others do with large faces. Your doctor should be able to see the length of the muscle by making you frown and unfrown. This will let your doctor know exactly where to place the Botox injections

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

BOTOX® Cosmetic is an excellent option for frown lines

There is no need to be concerned about having a BOTOX treatment for frown lines because you have a thin face. Really the only outcome you can expect is that you will have a smoother forehead. Whether you have a lot of muscle in that area or not will only have an impact on what amount of BOTOX the physician will determine is required for an optimal result. Generally, thicker and stronger muscles require higher doses as compared to softer, less powerful ones. Seek out the advice of a specialist physician who has a lot of experience. All the best, Dr. Khanna.

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is excellent for frown lines

Botox is excellent for the treatment for frown lines even in patient who have delicate muscles in this area. Sometimes the placement and the dose of the injections needs to be adjusted and, as always, I would recommend that your see an expert doctor who has experience in facial treatments.
Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon