18 months post reconstruction. Why do I have pain and swelling recurring on the right breast?

Had bilateral masectomony in March 2014 followed by expander and final reconstruction implant exchange in April 2015. I had a cyst drain on my right side in February this year . The passed week I have had pain and now feel swollen on my right side . Is this normal.

Breast reconstruction

Thank you for your question.  I recommend calling the surgeon who did your reconstruction to take a look and see what may be going on.  This far out, I would not say this is normal.  If you had radiation on that side the tissues are thinner and can be more prone to problems.  Be sure to call your PS.  Best of luck!

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon