Breast implants and chest workouts.

I had breast argumentation 6 months ago and have been back at the gym 4 months ago. I do chest workouts twice a week. Will this separate my breast or will make them smaller? I was a small size, (A, small B) so after implants I am a double c. 469 ccs. My breast have settle and look very nice, but some people have told me I may lose size if I keep lifting or if I lose a bit more weight. I did not have fat at all in my breast prior to surgery, was very small; reason why i decided to get them.

Breast size decrease after Implants

HI eest817,

thanks for your question. It is extremely unlikely that your breast will decrease in size based on what you described. If it just skin and implants then they likely wont decrease but IF you had more breast tissue then weight changes >10lbs would decrease the breast volume but not change the implant volume. I think you will be fine but please check with your plastic surgeon for their recommendations.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS,
@lbreastaugmentation @docmata

Breast implants and chest workouts.

Chest work outs should not reduce breast implant size. Significant weight loss-greater than 10-20 pounds-can reduce breast size.

Exercise & Activities Post Breast Augmentation

As I recommend to my patients, you should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your #BreastSurgery. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!! It may require the full 6 weeks before you can do any upper body work-outs, yoga, etc.
If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Post Op Chest Workouts

Thank you for your question. Typically, after 6 weeks there is nothing my patients are restricted from doing. I do advise them to gradually increase the intensity of workouts over a period of a few months.

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred recommendations to ensure optimal results and your surgeon knows your situation the best. For highly muscular competitive body builders that have to flex their muscles on stage during a competition, placing the implants above the muscle may be considered. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon what they recommend for you as far as post op activities.

All the best