Non-surgical under eye options? (Photo)

I am 37 and have rippled, slightly darkened bags in my Under Eye area. I find them unattractive and problematic. I have recently had smartlipo on my double chin and trunk area and though pleased wiyh results, have decided that I will never undergo elective cosmetic "surgery" again. That being said, what are my realistic options for a significant improvement in my undereye/cheek area? I have good skin and benter elasticity than I presumed (if that makes a difference). Thanks :)

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Non surgical under eye treatment

Hi thanks for sharing your concern.as you wanted a non surgical correction the volume loss noted in the periorbital area  as seen in your pic an option of volume replacement can be done by fillers to give some improvement a chemical peel also can be incorporated if needed do consult a board certified surgeon to get good results.

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane/Belotero/Voluma with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

We do fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP and skin care to get improvement in this area without surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tear Troughs

Thanks for the question. Treating your tear troughs will help.  I typically use Restylane or Belotero.  The most important thing is to find a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon that is experienced in treating this specific location.  Good luck.

HA fillers for your your tear trough

Thank you for posting your pictures. You have what is called a tear trough deformity which is very common and can be improved with a simple injection of HA filler. This needs to be performed with an injector with knowledge and experience of the periorbital area to avoid complications. I prefer to use Belotero in this area because attracts less water. Restylane is another commongly used filler in this area/ Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Lower lid options

The main thing I notice is some hollowing and darkness at the tear trough.   If you get some HA filler such as Restylane you can improve the appearance here and make you look less tired. It should last at least a year. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical options for under the eye

Thank you so much for your question and sharing your pictures.  You appear to have hollowing under your eyes consistent with volume loss in the midface which is one of the earlier aging changes.  Injectables which can be performed in the office with no downtime, can be a great nonsurgical option for this area.  I hope this helps.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

All my best, Dr. Elizabeth.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Dark, puffy lower eyelids

Thanks  for asking your question and posting your photographs. There are many treatment options available to improve the appearance of your lower eyelids. Botox, fillers and skin resurfacing can all be used to enhance your eyelids. See an experienced eyelid specialist for prior guidance. Good luck,