Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago - dent in side, nostril looks funny, looks almost crooked. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am freaking out. I had a septoplasty and rhinoplasty (to smooth out little dorsal hump and make nose a little shorter) done 3 weeks ago. I am regretting it immensely. I did not at all have a bad nose before surgery - but since I was getting a septoplasty for my septum, I figured why not fix the other little things? Now I miss my old nose. It just doesn't look right and doesn't look like me. Will any of this fix itself or will I need a revision surgery?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty under local

You will need to give it a year or longer for things to settle. Best of luck with your results........

Thank you for your question & photographs.It is important to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have as they know your medical history and surgery best. I would schedule an appointment to have a physical examination of your nose performed by your surgeon. Your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side my heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing

It is normal to have swelling and irregularity to the nose following rhinoplasty. Your concerns are valid, but you must allow the healing process take place for at least 6 months before realizing final results. Some patients take a year or longer for all of the swelling to resolve. During the healing process you should keep in close contact with your surgeon for guidance and support.  Try not to be discouraged during the healing phase. Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose results

Without good pre-op photos and without knowing EXACTLY what was done at surgery, it is impossible to say at this early stage. You are correct that it is early post-op. Because there will still be so much noticeable change in the upcoming months, you will need to follow your surgeon's instructions and patiently wait for a final evaluation down the road.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Post rhinoplasty

Agree with the sentiments expressed previously...most importantly, contact your operating surgeon as the are aware what maneuvers were performed in the midvault/nasal tip and that way they will be better able to determine how much more settling down will happen over the next few months.  The first 3 months can see lots of changes in the nose, and, as such, close follow up is always necessary.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago - dent in side, nostril looks funny, looks almost crooked. Any suggestions?

Without a good set of pre-op and post-op photos, as well as the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, at 3 weeks- it's very early to pass your final judgements re/the final outcome. I would give it time and stay in touch with your Operating Surgeon. If after at  least 6 months post-surgery you're still dissatisfied- please, discuss your options with your Surgeon.