I had a closed rhinoplasty exactly 2 months ago to fix a bump. Now it looks crooked. Will it stay looking like this? (Photo)

Crooked nose 2 months post closed rhinoplasty.... does this look normal or is my nose crooked now? Note the right side of the tip is still a bit numb and a little hard to move around.

Rhinoplasty results

Even though it's been 2 months, your nose is still swollen. And the tip is the last area to heal. So, for now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. If, at 6 months post op, you are still not happy then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon to discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may. You are still early in your recovery and your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half before it settles to its final shape. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Crooked after two months.

Thanks for your question.  Being just two months from your surgery, you can expect some swelling and irregularities still.  Please see your surgeon for an assessment.  You may easily fix some irregularities with massaging but it may also represent some healing irregularities.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be sure to wait a full 6 months to a year to judge your final result. It is actually quite amazing how the nose may have asymmetric swelling that resolves. Also be sure to stay in touch with your surgeon. Sometimes a steroid injection helps with swelling. The tip numbness is normal as is stiffness. Those can take a year to resolve and are totally normal :) Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Closed Rhinoplasty

At 2 months after your rhinoplasty it is still too early to judge the final result. Even though it was a closed procedure, you will most likely still be swollen for 6-9 months after the surgery. It is normal for your nose to be numb and a bit firm at this time in the post-operative recovery period.

Gary Motykie, MD