How Can I Get an Almond Shaped Asian Eye? (photo)

The last time I asked the same question but the doctors didn't understand what I meant, maybe I didn't explain clearly what I wanted. I am Caucasian and I would like to have almond eyes, to look Asian (or half Asian). I heard about canthoplasty but I'm afraid the result won't be good. I think canthoplasty would make my eyes almond shaped like the first picture and not like the second one. What I hope to get are the eyes of the second girl. Thank you very much!

How Can I Get an Almond Shaped Asian Eye?

Without photos of your eyes, I can't answer your question. But I will tell you that the photos are all professional models shot by a professional photographer and then digitally altered to meet the needs of the producer so they don't even look like these photos. I certainly agree with Dr. Amadi that your request sets off warning bells in a surgeon's mind. A big part of our job is making sure a patient's preoperative requests are realistic, and if not we decline to do the surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Canthoplasty results can be disappointing

One of the first warning signs we look for as surgeons, is when a patients brings in pictures of models and says : " I want my [fill in the blank] body part to look like her/him".

Surgeons can make improvements to certain aspects of a patients anatomy, but cannot make them look like somebody else.

First of all, posting a photo of your eyes would be a good start. Not having seen your photos, I can reinforce your concern that a canthoplasty result may be disappointing. Canthoplasties work best for reconstruction of a damaged eyelid. Performing the surgery for a normal eyelid, may leave you with an natural result that you may regret.

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon