Is it ok to get Voluma in cheeks within 2 months of having Juvederm Ultra Plus in cheeks?

I just had Juvederm Ultra Plus in my cheeks to give some fullness. I could use more. I came across a great deal on Voluma that expires the end of the year. Is it a good idea to have Voluma just after having Juvederm? Thank you.

Are Juvederm Voluma and Ultra Plus Compatible?

While the two products are compatible, I am not enthusiastic about chasing the best deal.  I would advise you to trust your face to one experienced and expert injector that can guide you to the best possible outcome over time.  Patients that bounce from one deal to the next often end up looking altered or distorted because they lack consistent oversight and because providers offering deals are inclined to inject the product whether it is truly needed or not. When complications occur, patients are sometimes left without an advocate. 

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Juvederm Together

Voluma and Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus can be used together.  In our practice, we see beautiful results from first injecting Voluma in the cheeks to help restore the anatomy and lift lost from aging.  Then Juvederm can be used in the lower face to further improve results.  Both products are made from hyaluronic acid and are perfectly compatible together. I would advise caution if you are seeking multiple providers for your injectables.  Sticking with one experienced provider will allow for consistent oversight of your treatment.  An injector with extensive knowledge of your anatomy and previous procedures is more likely to provide a beautiful, natural result.  Hope this is helpful!

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Juvederm

Thank you for your question. Juvederm Ultra Plus and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid fillers and great volumizers. Voluma is FDA approved filler for cheek fat loss and can last up to 24 months. It 's a great idea to do Voluma to give you best result and longer lasting. I hope this helps!

Voluma and Juvederm

The deciding point should not be the price point but rather if it is needed to improve your appearance. In general it is perfectly safe to inject Voluma following other HA fillers like juvaderm.

Voluma in cheeks within 2 months of having Juvederm Ultra Plus

Both Voluma and Juederm ultra plus are hyaluronic acid gels. They can be used together. Your provider will be able to advise you if it will be effective in your individual situation to achieve your goals.

Voluma for Volumizing Your Cheeks

Yes, it should be perfectly fine to get Voluma, even after having had Juvederm Ultra Plus injected into your cheeks.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mixing two different fillers in the cheek

There is absolutely no reason to worry about mixing these two fillers in the cheek. They are different forms of the same basic raw material, and there is no interaction to worry about.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Voluma and Juvederm Ultra Plus are both Hyaluronic Acid fillers and are compatible.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Voluma following Juvederm Ultra Plus

Both Juvederm Ultra Plus and Voluma are Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. There is no contraindication to using them together.  However, sometimes a deal on a cosmetic procedure is too good to be true.  Be sure to research the injector and make sure they are qualified and experienced.

Michele Grodberg, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Voluma plus Juvederm Ultra

You can absolutely add the Voluma to the cheek area after being treated with Juvederm Ultra Plus.  It will be a little trickier as the Juvederm will wear off before the Voluma and some areas may be more prominent than others if the Juvederm was not placed evenly. The Voluma should be placed deeper than the Juvederm to provide that "lift" and can complement the more superficial Juvederm nicely.  Make sure your surgeon or dermatologist has significant experience with Voluma.  As Voluma is a new filler manufactured by Allergan, most injectors' experiences are limited. I would seek out a plastic surgeon in your area who has extensive experience with injecting cheek fillers and typically performs many facial surgeries (as he/she is thus more likely to be familiar with the anatomy in that area). I would also ask for a plastic surgeon who took the Allergan Expert Hands-on training course specific for Voluma injection. 

Good luck.