Am I a good candidate for breasts implants? One breast is fairly normal, the left is smaller and tubular. (photos)

A price range maybe?

Are you a candidate for breast implants?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) : Breast Augmentation.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Not tuberous

At least from the view that I see, I do not see a tuberous deformity and likely a breast augmentation alone would be of benefit.

Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation

It seems like you are and excellent candidate for breast augmentation. This could essentially change the shape of your breasts and give them a more rounded and aesthetic presentation. Plastic surgeons have certain methods of dealing with your special case.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for breasts implants?

You should be a good candidate for breast augmentation. We often tailor the procedure to accommodate differing breast shapes, and breast asymmetry. Do your homework before consultation so are ready to discus just how you wish to look after augmentation.

Am I a good candidate for breasts implants? One breast is fairly normal, the left is smaller and tubular.

Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation in a minor breast constriction

Dear Sarahneedshelp,

Although the photo nicely demonstrates your jewelry, it doesn't give us the full picture of your breasts.  It may be that you would require a breast augmentation alone, without the slightly more complicated constricted breast correction.  Seek consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon for a discussion of your goals and options.  Good luck!

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question and picture.  You do look like you might suffer from a bit of lower pole constriction that can be corrected through surgery.  As well, you look like a great surgical candidate for breast augmentation.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to begin your surgical journey.

Wishing you all the best,

Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Although difficult to assess completely with one photograph, I think your breast photos do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola may demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.

Assuming you are  interested in a change in breast shape/size,  you may be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for patients with constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  It does appear that you have lower pole constriction.  Release of the constriction bands during your surgery will help to give you a nice shape.  The size, shape, and profile of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD