Can I get my nipples pierced 5 years after having a BA?

My dr told me if I get my nipples re done that there is a chance they will become very hard. Like rock hard. Why would that happen? I want them done again. I really liked having them pierced. Is there a real chance this could happen if I get them pierced?

Can I have my nipples pierced 5 years after having a BA?

Thank you for your question. A nipple piercing should not affect your BA. Perhaps there is an alternate reason your surgeon did not want you to have this done? Check in with him/ her.

[post breast augmentation nipple adornments

Why ruin your breasts with a nipple piercing? Please do not do it. It is not contraindicated. Get a Henna or wear something funky, at least they do not hurt and can be changed. Have fun and good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Piercing

Inflammation and scar tissue formation are possible with any piercing. I'm not sure why this would be more of a concern for you than anyone else. Perhaps ask your Plastic Surgeon to clarify what they meant.
All the best

Scar tissue and nipple piercing

I assume you mean a capsular contracture. I have not seen any studies suggesting any relation of nipple piercing with capsular contracture.

Nipple piercing

Thank you for your question. There should not be any issues with your BA if you have nipple piercing 5 years after BA surgery. If they are being re-pierced, they may be some scar tissue in the nipples.Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nipple piercing after BA

Thank you for your question.In my opinion, I wouldn’t recommend getting them pierced. Even though it is low risk, there is still potential for complications and infection to occur. You really should try to reduce your risk of infection in the breast area as it can cause complications with your breast implants. Ultimately, the decision is yours but remember when making the decision that even though it is a low risk procedure, there is still a chance of complications arising. I hope this helps.
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Piercing

go ahead likelihood of a problem is remote..........................................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Nipple piercing

I think your doctor may have been referencing "capsular contracture".  This is a hardening of breasts due to bacteria.  While anything is possible, I would think that would be extremely unlikely from simply getting your nipples pierced.  If the nipple piercing lead to an infection, I suppose that could put your implants at risk.  Otherwise, I usually do not tell my patients that they cannot have this done.  Discuss this further with your surgeon. 
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Piercing after breast surgery

Hello,  thank you for your question.  What your doctor is trying to tell you is that something called fibrosis might interfere with the piercing.   This could happen if a nipple reduction is performed,  but it wouldn't be an issue if you have your areolas reduced.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD