Am I good tummy tuck candidate? (Photos)

Getting a tummy tuck on 11/1 and have been reading a lot about visceral fat. I've had three LARGE babies (haha) and therefore assume this stomach is from stretched skin. When I bend over (see photos), I can gather the skin and can pinch it. My doc will be doing lipo as well. Should I expect a dramatic and "good" result?

Grab test

A good way to determine what fat can be removed with a tummy tuck and liposuction is the grab test. If you can grab the excess fat in your hands, then it can be removed. It looks like you do have grab-able fat and loose skin, particularly evident in the photo of you bending over. This can both be removed. You probably do have some visceral fat, but I suspect you’ll probably get a good improvement from your surgery regardless.

Am I good tummy tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Expect a Good Result, Yes

Your photos suggest you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you choose an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon with solid before-and-after photos, I believe you will get a good result. "Dramatic" is in the eye of the beholder, however. It's not possible to determine how much visceral fat is present without a physical exam, but a tummy tuck alone doesn't address visceral fat. I believe a tummy tuck combined with liposuction is a good approach.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Am I good tummy tuck candidate?

You could probably benefit from a bit of weight loss prior to surgery, but I think that you can have a significant improvement with tummy tuck.

Am I a good TT candidate?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. I think you are an excellent candidate for a TT and should expect a very good result.  How flat your stomach will be depends on the amount of visceral fat you have which can only be determined through an in-person examination.  Hope this helps.

Am I good tummy tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

Am I good tummy tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question and greetings to Allentown, PA.  I spent several years in nearby Easton in school.

You appear to be a very good candidate for a full tummy tuck but the degree of prominence of visceral fat is difficult to assess without a face-to-face exam.  I advise patients to lose weight before their surgery if their stomachs resist flattening on examination and this cannot be judged based on a photograph.  It is probably in your best interest to get down to a lower weight if it is possible before the procedure without starving yourself or taking diet pills.  Do the best you can to exercise, diet and eat in a healthy manner between now and your surgical procedure and then enjoy your results.

Best wishes for a good result

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck result

Yes, you can expect a dramatic result, since there is a lot of loose skin and fat.  However, it does seem like you do have some "visceral fat" inside your tummy around your organs, and that cannot be improved with surgery.  However, your tummy will look much better and you will be motivated to do your part with diet and exercise to improve your tummy even more after surgery!!

Allen M. Doezie, MD

You can expect a good result but be aware that it will only improve if you make a change on your life style

You can expect a big change after your tummy tuck and a better outcome if you do your homework and lose some weight. My patients usually come to my consultation looking for a short cut and improve there body contour, they usually ask for TT and Liposuction, even when they are over weight i accept to do it because the surgery usually encourage them to keep on improving with a correct diet and exercising. Ask your doctor to show you results of cases like yours to have an idea of how much you can improve, this is another way you can tell that your doctor has experience on patient like you. Good luck. 

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Tummy tuck

More information is needed, but it does look like you may have a visceral fat component contributing to your abdominal girth. Weight loss can help that.  But you would likely benefit from a tummy tuck.