Fat removal/tummy shrinking procedure?

I am 26 years old female, overweight 200 lbs 5'2 but otherwise healthy. Me fat is mainly store in my stomach and I have never had a flat stomach, even when I was 135 lbs. I've never had children and don't plan on doing so within the next 5 years. Would it be safe for me. I've never had surgery of any time or know anyone who has. Where should I start my research on which tummy procedure would be right for me OR would it be better to to multiple consultations with doctors.

Recontouring mid-section

You should probably start with reviewing information related to stomach contouring. In your situation, your surgical options would most likely be a tummy tuck or liposuction. Book a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who you feel comfortable with. Once they give you their recommendation, you can then consider whether you’ll be able to achieve your aesthetic goals and if the benefits outweigh the risks related to your surgery.

Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty

It is a good idea to schedule several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons so you can receive more than one opinion. If you are looking to lose fat and tighten loose skin then I would suggest a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. For health reasons, I would suggest you lose some weight first before undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. Having a BMI of 30 or less results in lower health risks and complications during the surgery as well as obtaining optimal results. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat reduction for the abdomen

While that seems like a very simple question, there are multiple answers. If you are looking to reduce excess fat on your abdomen a full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck or liposuction may be your best option. This depends on how much fat needs to be removed and whether or not or you loose skin to be removed as well. My advice would be to visit a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these procedures. 

William Franckle, MD, FACS
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal contouring

If you are planning to have children in the future it is best that you wait on the tummy tuck until after you are finished having kids.  In order to be a candidate for elective cosmetic surgery, it is safest for you to have a BMI of 30 or less.  Liposuction may be a good option for you at that point.  While internet research is helpful, it can sometimes be misleading.  It is always best to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal consultation and evaluation.  

Camille Cash, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction in the future.  Loosing a little weight will definitely help make your results better and safer.  For an appropriate patient, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Body contour surgery

At 200 lbs and 5'2" you might want to co snider weight loss. It is likely that you also have visceral fat and that might prevent you from obtaining a flat stomach.  You would have to be seen in person.  Best of luck.

Malibu Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. If you have just excess fat, good quality skin and muscle you would be a good candidate for liposuction. There are many techniques. I find that the ultrasonic assisted liposuction using the SAFE technique gives the best results (I have lectured nationally and internationally on this subject). One gets enhanced fat removal, minimal blood loss and a smoother result. If you have excess fat and loose skin, you would be a candidate for the Malibu tummy tuck which I invented. Patients who are over weight, look good in a bikini after surgery. Pain is minimal (it is not uncommon for some patients to take only tylonel after surgery) and recovery is quicker versus traditional technique. For more information please watch the enclosed video and I hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Fat removal/tummy shrinking procedure?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, Higher BMI can increase risks of surgery best recommened is frist Liposcution then weight loss however an exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon will help to make the final evaluation. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring in Allentown

In order to understand the procedure, please watch a short video attached.  It explains the different areas which can be treated with liposuction and/or tummy tuck.  From the statistics and numbers you give, you are not yet an ideal candidate.  This is because most likely a greater percentage of your fat is with him, and will limit the result.  As well, the risks of surgery are increased.  I think your first step is to visit with multiple board-certified plastic surgeons.  At the same time, getting involved in a diet and exercise regimen can start the process while you interview doctors.  I used to work in Allentown and can recommend good starting points with excellent surgeons if you would like.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck-Where to start.

Thanks for your question.  I think it is fine to start the process of gathering information to help you identify the correct path. At your current height and weight I would be concerned about your surgical risks. Higher BMI can increase many of the risks of surgery. Tummy tuck and many of the types of surgery we do are are not weight loss procedures. I am a big fan of common sense diet plans that offer not just only a healy approach to weight loss, but also a support system. I am a big fan of food addicts (foodaddicts.com) which has chapters all over the country.  

Rail thin is usually not a realistic goal, but at 5'2" some degree of weight loss prior to considering will make it safer and likely more gratifying. 

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon