Is this fat or loose skin? And what are my options? (Photos)

I've been trying to figure this out for a little bit niw and would like to know if this is fat or lose skin because I've seen people who have gone through what I have and their skin gets tight. I've been working out a lot, but I'm starting to feel like I have to go under the kife to get tight which doesn't excite me at all. So please let me know along with options, thank you.

Is this fat or loose skin? And what are my options?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided pictures and information as well. Based on your pictures you look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

A tummy tuckis a surgical procedure that takes away excess loose skin and tightens the muscles up. It can even remove stretch marks. The result is a slimmer, firmer tummy that you’ll be happy to show off with confidence.

Losing a significant amount of weight is a fantastic achievement. But often there is a downside. Once you’ve lost the fat from your stomach, you can be left with folds of loose skin and a lack of muscle tone that gives your abdomen a ‘saggy’ appearance.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals and concerns. :)

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question,it looks like to me it is loose skin which can be fixed with a full tummy tuck. Please consult with a board certified PS. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck!

Thank you for your question! It appears to me to be loose skin.  Which can be fixed with a tummy tuck.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon, and have a consultation!  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question about Male Tummy Tuck.

Yes, based on the pictures, you appear to have loose skin and loss of skin elasticity.  You may benefit from a male tummy tuck.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

you have excces of skin,
only a liposuction procedure is no enough for handle it. you need a procedure where excess skin is removed.
Tummy tuck surgery is one of our favorite operations because of the dramatic improvements abdominoplasty patients achieve.
There are various types of abdominoplasty procedures for patients to choose from. Each one is designed to treat a specific set of needs. In consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, the choice of procedure will be made based on your anatomic features and desired outcome. While all tummy tucks have in common that they tighten the abdominal skin, there are two key differences between the various procedures. The incision lengths vary depending on the amount of skin to be excised, and the abdominal muscles may be tightened if they have excess laxity.
The length of the incision is determined by the amount of loose skin that is to be removed. The incision lengths vary from as short as six inches (Mini Tummy Tuck) to as long as the entire circumference of the waist (Body Lift). The most common incision length runs from hip to hip concealed beneath the bikini line (Full or Traditional Tummy Tuck).
In addition to removing loose skin, localized fat deposits can also be removed during your tummy tuck. It is recommended, however, that you be as close as possible to your goal weight before having the procedure. If your concerns extend beyond the tummy, we can safely combine liposuction with tummy tucks for more dramatic results.
I hope this information has been useful.

Dr. Eduardo Orozco 

Eduardo Orozco, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin or fat?

It looks as though you do have loose skin, liposuction won't fix this problem as you will end up with more. You may be best suited with a mini tummy tuck where liposuction is perfomred and the excess skin is rmeoved. 

Is this fat or loose skin?

From your photos, the primary problem in your lower abdomen is loose skin.  Unfortunately, further dieting and exercise will not resolve this issue. You may b a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck which would remove this skin excess.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive tummy tuck experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Floppy Skin removed with Tummy Tuck

You are a good candidate for tummy tuck.

As you have lost weight your skin is floppy.

Therefore the best result can be achieved with a tummy tuck surgery to remove loose skin and to get a tight abdomen.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It appears that you're a good candidate for tummy tuck

It appears that you have an excess skin, which can only be removed via tummy tuck.  And based on your description, it seems that you are a good candidate because you understand the importance of regular exercise and healthy lifestyle, which are the key factors to maintain the results of any form of body contouring after weight loss.

While the tummy tuck scar seems unappealing at first, take note that all efforts are made so they will blend in well with the skin.  Also, we position them in a way that is concealed by the undergarment.

Over time, the horizontal tummy tuck scar will fade that most patients are not really bothered by it.

You may want to see the attached link for photo reference.

Good luck and best wishes.

Fat or loose skin? Treatment?

Thank you for asking about your abdomen.
  • You definitely have loose skin.
  • It looks as though you have lost a lot of weight, 
  • Liposuction will not correct it. 
  • Treatment depends on what you want and on the examination
  • It may be simple removal of excess skin (skin only tummy tuck)
  • Or tissues are loose right around the torso, a lower body lift. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS