Under Eye Fillers?

What are the choices in cosmetic field for under eye fillers? I have very thin and hollow skin to where my veins show through making me look quite ill. What are my options? Collagen, juvederm or restylane injections? How long would the injections last?

Under Eye Fillers?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. In this area I prefer Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Under Eye Filler

Hello there and thank you for your question. True tear trough deformity is a difficult area to treat, and not everyone is a suitable candidate, as there are many other factors contributing to a "hollow" eye. Restylane is the most common product used because it absorbs less water decreasing the risk of puffy eyes. Patients with thinner or more translucent skin are at risk of having a lumpy/bumpy appearance from the filler. In general, less is more and it's important to find an experienced injector who is adept at filling this area.

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Under Eye Filllers

Dear Alica22:

I would strongly recommend using Teosyal Redensity II for filling of the under eye areas.  It works with great effect in the hands of an expert injector.  All the best.

Eye fillers

The tear trough is a delicate and tricky area to inject.  The best fillers for this area are very light and forgiving fillers.  Jevederm volbella, restylane fine lines, emervel classic are all good examples of light fillers commonly used in the trough.

The key to these injections is depth of placement.  I usually inject deep onto the bone on this area, and have found that it leads to beautiful results with very few complications.  

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon