Does my belly button look normal would a change with time (photo)

Im 6 month post op and my bb scar is so bad and my bb is too big and out. Also when i massage my tummy i can hear water, im very bloted too. Coul i still be swollen or have fluid this far out. Thank you

Belly button post-op

Thank you for the question and photos. It is difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern without conducting an in-person exam. It is not uncommon to have swelling due to seroma (i.e., a collection of fluid under the skin) after a tummy tuck. However, 6 months into the healing process, one would expect for swelling to subside. It is important that you see your plastic surgeon to determine the reasons for your persistent seroma.  An in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Belly button scar and fluid after TT

Thank you for the question and photographs.  It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you are having because he knows your background, medical history and procedure he performed on you best. With regards to the fluid, you should have your surgeon perform and examination immediately and possibly an ultrasound to detect if there is a seroma present. Your scar should continue to change and fade over the course of a year. There treatment options for scar removal such as a scar revision, topical scar creams or laser treatments. I hope this helps. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - severely bloated and hearing water 6 months after surgery

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • You need to return to your surgeon to be examined.
  • You  may need an ultrasound study.
  • It is unusual but possible to have a persistent seroma and it definitely would need to be treated.
  • It would explained the bloating.
  • The belly button scar can be revised with a minor office procedure but should not be done until the cause of the bloating is known and treated.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck healing

Thank you for the question and photos.  If you feel like you have fluid present it will important to have your plastic surgeon take a look to make sure that you do not have a seroma present.  An exam or sometimes an ultrasound may be needed to verify if this is the case.  Seroma should be removed to minimize scar tissue formation.  With regards to your belly button appearance.  Scars do tend to fade with time.  Again, if there is fluid present it may be pushing the belly button out and enlarging the circumference of the scar.  I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon to get an idea of what is occurring and what your options are.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Abdominoplasty results

Thank you for your question.At 6 months you should be almost healed at this point. You may have some residual edema, but for the most part it should be gone. The scar around the umbilicus will not change at this point. If you are unhappy with the scar, you should discuss with your surgeon you may be able to do a simple correction in office. As far as "hearing swishing", without seeing you in person it is difficult to determine what that may be. You may have fluid from a seroma, that collected after your drains were removed. I would suggest contacting your surgeon to be seen in person to find out for sure what is exactly going on. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon