I wanted to know when it would be safe to have relationship/sex with my husband?

I got my Tummy tuck surgery 5 weeks and 3 days ago, and still afraid to have sex with my husband, so my question is when would be safe to have that kind of relationship? ???

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding. Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to reportincreased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity), even several months after tummy tuck surgery. 

Having said that, assuming some creativity and gentleness, you will likely be able to  proceed.

Intercourse after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks.Dhaval M. Patel Double board certifiedPlastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex after Surgery

This largely depends on how extensive your procedure was. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice. I generally allow most of my tt patients to have sex after six weeks with the woman in the top position so she is in control to make it less likely for an injury to occur.

#sexaftersurgery
#TT
#tummytuck

Sex with husband after recent tummy tuck? = ask your plastic surgeon #tt #tummytuck #drmesa #doctormesa #sex

Sexual activities after a recent surgical procedure could affect the healing process and therefore affect the results.

Sex after a recent tummy tuck could affect the results of the tummy tuck since it could cause surgical wound dehiscence, seroma formation or stitches break down, etc.

Usually it is safe to reasume most of the normal daily activities including sex after 6 to 8 weeks post tummy tuck.

Patients interested in having sex after a recent tummy tuck must ask their plastic surgeon when is it safe to do so to avoid compromising the surgical results.

John Mesa, MD

I wanted to know when it would be safe to have relationship/sex with my husband.?

In my patients without any complications patients are allowed to resume sexual activities at 5 weeks.  Your surgeon will best know when that is acceptable based on your individual case.

Sex

In the absence of complications, the majority of patients would be fine to resume normal sexual activities within comfort. Still, this is a question you should ask YOUR surgeon as he/she knows exactly what was done and how you are doing.                                                                        

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Hello

Hello, after 5 weeks your wound is probably healed completely as well as the muscle repair. So i see no reason why not having sexual activities. Go slow at first in order to not feel discomfort. Best wishes.

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Thank you for your question.  In most cases relations can be restarted approximately 6 weeks after surgery, as you are well on your way to being fully-healed.  You will still need to be cautious to avoid any activity which creates pain or soreness in your abdomen, and if there are any concerns from your plastic surgeon about your recovery, best to let them guide your timeline.  

5 weeks post op

I advise my patients to wait a good 6 weeks before resuming ALL activity. Every surgeon may have slightly different post op protocols, however, so best to ask your operating surgeon. Good luck!

When is it safe to have sex?

At 5 weeks and 3 days, you should be more than healed enough to have sexual relations with your husband as long as you are not being overly physically active and stressing your core.  Of course, you will want to have your plastic surgeon's blessing, but if you were my patient I would have no problems with this at your point in recovery.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon