18 days post op arms lift but today I had a little bleeding on my right arm (Photo)

Doctor told me to massage the arms for the swollen to go down told me not to put anything on it am wearing my compression garment 24/7 am worried going to work in one week but my arms are not still healing

Healing at 18 Days

Your pictures appear to be normal for healing at this stage of your recovery.  A little blood is not really that concerning either at this point as it is probably from underneath a scab.  The best thing you can do at this point to maximize healing is make sure that you are getting enough calories and protein in your diet to achieve optimal healing.  I suggest contacting your surgeon if you have any questions in this regard.

Arm lift, arm reduction, brachioplasty, post-op arm lift scar

Thank you for your history and pictures of your upper arms after your arm lift surgery. Congratulations on undergoing an arm lift or brachioplasty!

Based on your pictures, I would agree with your plastic surgeon. I would keep the incisions dry. I would also suggest compression from the armpit to the mid forearm. I would suggest on upper arm elevation. Your hands should be above your heart at all times. I would keep the elbows straight. In approximately 2 to 3 weeks, I would suggest applying silicone cream, silicone strips, and continuing with arm compression. In your particular case, I would use arm compression for at least 6 to 8 weeks.

Good luck! I hope this answers your questions regarding arm lifts and brachioplasties.
If you have any other questions, please not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Swelling after arm lift

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.  I would recommend you also go see a lymphatic massage specialist who can help stimulate your lymphatics and accelerate your swelling reduction.

Your arms are healing as expected

Arms take longer to heal. Your photos are within range for 18 days post op.  Listen and follow your own doctor's instructions. Be guided by your own doctor about timetable of going back to work.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Best to see your chosen operative surgeon to discuss your healing issues. Some patients take longer to heal.....

Swelling following a brachioplasty

Your arms do appear swollen.  Continue elevation of the arms on two pillows.  This will help prevent dependent edema.  If you do not have an infection then there is not much else that can be done at this point.  In another week you should be better but it does take time.