I have a lipo for my thighs on the 14th and I leave to Disney on the 27th; will I be able to walk and enjoy my time there?

Liposuction recovery - ready for Disney in 2 weeks?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and trip to Disney.

• You should be able to enjoy Disney -
  • You will tend to swell so be sure your compression garment fits comfortably.
  • Be sure you have flat, comfortable shoes and plan to rest a bit more than usual as too much walking on concrete may cause a bit more aching than usual.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo and activity

I usually allow patients to go back to most routine activity within a few days of the procedure. Always check with your surgeon to be sure.

I have a lipo for my thighs on the 14th and I leave to Disney on the 27th; will I be able to walk and enjoy my time there

Thank you for your question.  Follow your surgeons recommendations.  I do encourage my patients to be walk immediately after surgery.  I don't think your vacation would be a problem but you will prob need to use your compression garment during your vacation.  Liposuction, especially of the thighs will swell esp. with activities. Wearing compression in hot weather is not the most comfortable. You may want to postpone surgery until after your vacation.    Best Wishes!

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

You will likely still be swollen only two weeks post-liposuction. I suggest massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen to drastically reduce swelling. Please discuss your concerns with your physician prior to treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Activity after Liposuction to Thighs

I perform liposuction on thighs often. I am usually treating moderate to large-sized thighs.  Although my patients can go back to usual activities about a week post-operatively, walking around Disney in hot weather for many extended hours may cause significantly more swelling in lower legs, ankles and feet, heightened discomfort, and delayed healing.

I would recommend if you are going to attempt this, wear graduated compression hoses of 15-20mmHg to help prevent these complications. Although it will prove warm to wear these at Disney, it will afford you best healing outcome overall.

Have fun at Disney, and best of luck with your healing!

Windell Davis Boutte, MD

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon