Weight loss and breast size. Any suggestions?

I am 5'10, 270 lbs and size 44H breasts. Is it possible, if I lose 30-50 lbs, that I might reduce the size of my breasts a bit? I'm trying to avoid breast reduction surgery.

Weight Loss and Breast Size

When many women lose #weight, their breasts lose weight as well. There may also be some sagging of their breasts due to the weight change. These women are potential candidates for a breast lift. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. Those with breast #sagging or #ptosis experience improvements with the surgery.

Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired as well. Also, during the procedure, the nipple and areolae can be corrected, if necessary, to the desired size and at the correct height. All in all, an elevated, more youthful breast can be a satisfying result for the patient following their #weightloss.

Losing weight to avoid Breast Reduction

It is possible but you might have to get a lift later. Please consult with a board certified surgeon for all cosmetic procedures. 

Since much of the breast is fat, weight loss usually does decrease the size.  However, it may not decrease the size enough to your liking and may create a more saggy appearance.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS