Can I have a MACS lift 2 weeks after breast augmentation?

I am a breast cancer patient. Completed chemo in March. I have existing implants and will have an implant exchange and left lift on July 7. I want to have the MACS lift done 2-3 weeks after the breast surgery. Any contraindications to that?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts which might be more appropriate in your particular case.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Macslift procedure

Hi.Thank you for your question. It´s not a problem at all to do the Macs Lift in 2-3 weeks if you didn¨t suffer mayor blood loss during your breast lift surgery. Best Regards, Dr Carmona MD

Simultaneous MACS and Breast Surgery

Perhaps the best route would be to do both procedures at the same time that way there is only one simultaneous recovery. Ask your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist if you wish to stage them 2 weeks apart.

MACS Facelift

Probably not, assuming you are cleared by your medical doctor, but why not do the MACS facelift at the same time as your breast surgery? It should only add 2 hours or less to the other operation and you can recover from both procedures at the same time. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD