How long do I have to wait after staph infection and removal of right breast implant? (Photo)

I've heard that 3-6 months is standard. My PS is saying 3 maybe less. I've also heard that if tissue is healthy this can be done after 6-8 weeks. I'm almost 3 weeks post removal and desperately want to be proportionate again. I've developed severe anxiety due to this situation. It's been very hard for me. My incision while indented and ugly is healing perfectly fine. The more time that passes the less indented it looks. Is it possible to have my implant replaced sooner rather than later?

Certainly 3 months is the time frame most surgeons would wait. The problem is not frank infection but secondary capsule formation. If the body has cleared all the staph from the tissue the liklihood is less of this happening. You can safely expect that the colonizing bacteria in the pocket are dealt with by three months which is the time that the fibrous scar formation has peaked as well. Good Luck!

Dr K Dolynchuk

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Implant and infection

I would wait at least 3 months or longer or until the infection has resolved and the tissues are soft. Best of luck.