What cream do you recomend for it? (Photo)

I have this for like 4 years ago after sunskin burn .

Acne Spot Treatment

In my office, I would suggest doing a combination of skin lightening, bleaching creams which contain hydroquinone along with a product like Retinol containing vitamin A.  The other treatment option would be a Chemical Peel which can be used to improve the skin tone from sun spots and age spots.   You should always wear a sun screen to prevent the spots from recurring.  I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

Dark scars and Melarase PM cream

Dark scars can be improved with a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase PM, and Melapeels. Fractional lasers can help as well. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

We can treat sun spots with a combination of #IPL, and topical agents like #hydroquinone.

In our office, we offer many solutions which are geared towards targeting sun spots (a.k.a. solar lentigines). Our first course of action would to recommend a series of IPL photofacials.Best of luck!

Lasers vs Skin Care

There are really two approaches that will help lighten the sun damaged skin, both require some time and patience. The first is through using skin lightening products which contain hydroquinone along with a vitamin A product like retinol. These will take months to start working, but will make a noticeable difference. The second option is to jump start the process by having a treatment with a laser like Halo or a photofacial with IPL. Both of these require a few treatments before the pigment will lighten. As with all good skin care, you should always wear a sun screen to prevent the sun spots from recurring. Good luck in your area!

Hyperpigmentation

This is hyperpigmentation due to sun damage.   You can use topical cream like hydroquinone which will slow down the melanin production from the melanocytes from your skin.   You can also use Lytera from Skin Medica which also helps to lessen the pigmentation.    The best result will be combination of using topical and procedures like IPL or laser to remove the pigmented lesions.  Make sure to use good sunscreen as sunlight will only make these lesions darker and your progress will quickly be erased next time you get lot of sun.

Erik Suh, MD
Bellevue Family Physician

Brown spots

I would recommend you see a physician who does IPL (Intense Pulse Light) therapy for treatment of these areas.   You have a test spot done in a less conspicuous area to see how your skin reacts to the treatment.  SkinMedica has a great product for lightening of hyperpigmentation: Lytera.   I recommend you start using this product daily at night with sun protection cream during the day.  SkinMedica TDR Sunscreen 50 is a great choice for that.

Sun Damage Treatment -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Skin care

Lasers, microneedling/PRP and skin care can be used to lighten sun damage.  It will require a number of combinations and long term sunprotection. I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer

Topical products for discoloration

Thank you for your question henry Al. Discolorations can occur for a variety of reasons. Topical products that can improve discolorations include hydroquinone, kojic acid, alpha-arbutin, licorice extract, retinoids, hydroxyl acids, and vitamin C. Please consult with a doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician