Compression garments after lipo.

Hi! I had a 5 spot lipo procedure a month ago - abs, lower bra, love handles. I have been wearing my second stage compression garment at night and under armour compression tee-shirts during the day... I feel like it's working and they feel good on, but wanted to ask what others think. Are the sport compression tees helpful?

Compression garments after lipo

Compression tees during the day are generally fine for post lipo swelling. I would always advise to check with your surgeon first, but it is definitely better than nothing. It sounds like everything is going well.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments after lipo.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Compression and Liposuction

Compression is essential after liposuction. I suggest seeing an expert to determine what is best for your individual surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo and compression

Many surgeons do not even use garments. I prefer that patient do wear them because I feel it helps with swelling.  

Liposuction a month ago - are my compression garments the right ones?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and compression garments.
  • If your compression garments are comfortable and help to control your swelling - they are right for you.
  • Everyone is different so there is not one approach that fits everyone.
  • Your approach seems perfect for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression garments after lipo.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your liposuction.  At this stage in your recovery you can continue to use the compression tees and garments if they appear to still minimize your swelling and/or provide you with greater comfort.  Compression shirts are useful as a second stage garment.  Hope this helps.