Am I bottoming out on my left side? (photos)

I am 6wpo and my left side looks lower than my right. Am I bottoming out?

You look great!

Tatatada!  For 6 weeks postop you look fantastic!  You do still have a bit of asymmetry but that very well may improve as it takes months for things to settle completely after an augmentation.  You are definitely NOT bottomed out.  Just give them some more time and they should look fabulous.

Best of luck to you!

G. Robert Meger MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Am I bottoming out on my left side?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination there does not appear to be any evidence of bottoming out of your implants. It looks as if you have a very nice result.  Hope this helps. 

Breast augmentation

Your breasts do not look like they are bottoming out.  They look very nice at this point. Good luck with your results.

Worried about bottoming out

Great question and one that other women who have had breasts augmentation may also have. The only true way to know is to have an in person exam and also compare the before photos.  Without this, simple before surgery asymmetry may be the case.  Since no two breasts are identical there is always some asymmetry to be expected.  If the asymmetry increases with time correction may be needed but if it stays as is you'll have to ask your sled whether that level of asymmetry is something worth undergoing a revision for.  Give it some time and take a look at your before photos as they may be very helpful.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation - Early Result

Thank you for your question. You are very early in the post-operative period and appear to have an excellent result. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Am I Bottomming Out after Breast Augmentation? #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

• Your post op photos from 6 weeks after your breast augmentation look great. 
  • Remember that you won't see your final results from breast augmentation for several months.
  • Bottoming out refers to a breast implant migrating too low on the chest wall and ending up below the infra-mammary fold. I don't see clear evidence of that happening in the photos you've sent. 
  • Breast implants do sometimes settle into place at different rates, so be patient as you will likely be very happy with your results in a few months. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

6 Weeks Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. You don't appear to have a problem at the moment. You are still early in recovery and slight asymmetries can be common while implants are settling. As well, small asymmetries that you had beforehand will remain and these can appear more noticeable directly after surgery. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if you have ongoing concerns.

All the best

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Thank you for your inquiry and photos! 

While your picture does give some insight that the settling down of the implants has begun, it takes approximately 8 weeks for the initial process to start. After a breast augmentation, it will take the breast 6 months-to-a year for the full drop to occur, therefore, it is too soon to judge if one breast is lower than the other. This will be better noted once the dropping process has fully occurred. If you feel any concern with your breast augmentation dropping process, consult with your plastic surgeon in order for him to track your progress. 

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation Concerns

I appreciate your concerns but way too early to worry. Your body needs time to heal and adapt to the implants. The skin and muscle over the implants must stretch a bit to allow the implants to settle into their final position. While your appearance will improve fairly quickly, don't expect to see your final result for at least 6 months after surgery. Good Luck!