Would a revision improve my results? (Photo)

I had a mini Tummy Tuck 5 weeks ago and now I’m not happy. When I stand up it’s fine except my belly button, but if I lay sloping or stoop, my stomach skin is wizen and hanging down. My dr says: He will repair after 6 month. He will cut an elip around my belly button and I have a short vertical scar above and below belly button. I don't know is it better after repair with this way? What do you think?

Would a revision improve my results?

The mini tuck can be converted to a full tummy tuck to remove additional skin and improve the appearance.

Unhappy post abdominoplasty

Hello Anhanh-
It is hard to tell if your umbilicus was moved during your last surgery. If it was, there will be sutures around it. If this is the case, it then appears that have already had a 'full abdominoplasty'. It appears that the umbilicus is tethering the skin upward and this can be addressed in two ways...1) move attachment of belly button to your skin upward like your surgeon as recommended or 2) move the attachment of the belly button stalk to your fascial wall downward. This latter method would not require any additional scars. 
Please speak with your surgeon if this method is possible for you at it depends on how high or low your belly button currently is relative to other body landmarks. 
Good luck. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to improvemy tummy after a mini tummy tuck

I agree that you could definitely go for a full tummy tuck to get the desired look that you want.  You should discuss this with your surgeon to see what he thinks.  It does appear that you have enough skin for a full tummy tuck.  Your stomach would be much flatter and I think you would be happier with the end result.

Dr. Peter Newen

Peter Newen, MD

What can I do to improve my tummy after a mini procedure.

In order to further improve your tummy, you may want to consider "converting" it to a full abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. It appears that you have enough looseness to be able to do that. This could lower your scar, help removing the skin around your belly button and above it as well as flatten your stomach by repairing the separated muscles! Ask your plastic surgeon if he would do that. If I do a mini-procedure and the patient is not satisfied, then I usually will credit what they paid for that from the more extensive procedure.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after mini tummy tuck

Vey few patients are candidates for a "mini tummy tuck" and the scar is usually just as long as a true tummy tuck.  Revisions are more difficult, and require extra planning. If possible look at before/after photos of patients your surgeon has revised.  You can always get a second opinion prior to any revision surgery.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Would a revision improve my results?

A Tummy Tuck revision would improve your results. However, the description of your planned revision with a resulting vertical scar above and below your umbilicus (belly button) is not a standard approach. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon to get clarification on the plan. Perhaps there was something lost in translation... Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Disappointment with Mini Tummy Tuck

It's difficult to say if that's the best option without doing a physical examination. Since your surgeon has given you one opinion, you could consult with another experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to see if that's the best option or if doing a full tummy tuck would give you a more satisfactory result.

Click on the link below for information about when a full tummy tuck is a better option than a mini tummy tuck.

Good luck.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon