Normal for my scar not to bruise after V-Beam laser when the derm was trying to bruise it?

I went into the derm for the vbeam laser on a small red scar and the day of it was swollen and a little more red. The next day my scar is still a little swollen but back to normal redness and not bruised at all. Is that normal if I dont get bruised when they were trying to bruise my scar?

Bruising and V-Beam

The point of the the V-Beam is that you don't have to bruise the area to have it be effective in all cases.  There are some scars such as keloids which you need to bruise and others such as those on the face which you do not need to. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Bruising isn't necessary after VBeam scar treatment

Bruising isn't necessary for the full effect of the VBeam. This was more common with previous generations of the laser but not now. I have switched to the Excel V and now prefer this laser over the VBeam. Sometimes adding Infini will help give better results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

V Beam Settings -- Bruising

Often bruising is not needed for just redness.  If you want bruising, which may or may not help your condition, decreasing below 6 msec will increase the bruising potential. Please consult with a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer