How many Kybella treatments are needed for my chin?

Kybella treatments

Without a photo of your "double chin" it is difficult to tell (1) how many treatments you will need and (2) how many vials of the medication you will need per treatment. For someone relatively young, without reasonably tight skin and not a ton of sub mental fat, we usually advise 3-2-1 vials over 3 treatment sessions spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Number of Kybella treatments

Pictures would be helpful. Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment. Cost usually ranges from $1000-$1200/Treament

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

2-4 Vials of Kybella during first treatment

Most patients receive 2-4 vials of Kybella at the first treatment. In 6 weeks we re-evaluate the amount of fat that has disolved and determine if a second treatment sesión is indicated. So, if you present with a significant amount of submental fat, additional treatment sessions may be required. If you have a moderate amount, or just a small "pouch" of submental fat, one treatment sesión may be all that is necessary

Number of Kybella treatments required

Thank you for your question nikitachawla. Kybella is an outstanding non-surgical treatment for the double chin. Based on the pivotal studies, most people require two to four Kybella treatments, sometimes up to six treatments. Treatments are done every six to eight weeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella-who many treatments needed?

That is a great question.  In the studies patients did 6 treatments, but they were getting their treatments for free.  Most patients choose to get 2-4 treatments.  The protocol suggests at least one month between treatments.  I have found that my patients start to see significant decrease in the fat and some tightening from the 4th to the 8th week after injection.  So unless someone is in a hurry and has enough fat under the chin to definitely need multiple treatments I prefer to wait 2 months between treatments.  You will see a result at that time and can decide if you want to do more.  I have patients that are pleased after one treatment.  Some patients have a lot of fat and are happy with a small improvement, and some patients have a little fat and want a more significant improvement- so the final answer on how many treatments that you choose is up to you .  My patients so far seem to be very happy with the results from Kybella-it is important to have reasonable expectations.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Amount of Kybella Treatments

Great question, but unfortunately, it is difficult to give you a good answer without a photo of your neck. Kybella is typically injected in 2-4 treatment sessions.  The amount injected in each session is also variable.  Therefore, I highly suggest consulting with a provider who has experience injecting Kybella.  Kybella is a wonderful product with permanent results.  Good luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. We typically recommend 2-4 treatment sessions based on individual need and goals. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Typical treatments for Kybella

It's impossible to tell you how many Kybella treatment sessions you may need without first seeing a photograph of your submental region. However, the typical patient seen in my practice requires 2-4 treatment sessions, each session using 2-3 vials of the product, and the treatment sessions spread out every 4-6 weeks. The great thing about Kybella is that the physician is able to customize the treatment plan based on the patient appearance. It is also an injectable, nonsurgical treatment with minimal downtime.

-Dr. Patel

Kybella treatments

Thank you for your question. Most patients require between 2-4 sessions of Kybella for optimal results. Please schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified doctor so that they may review your treatment area and work with you to decide how many treatments will work best. Good Luck.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella for Chin

Kybella is a fabulous treatment for the area under the chin.  We customize both the amount of Kybella and the number of treatments based on the size of your submental fat and the desired treatment.  I often combine Kybella with the Cool-mini for larger areas and with Thermage for the best skin tightening in the jowls.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green