I am looking into getting a Brazilian Butt lift. Any suggestions?

I went to the Dr that did my BA and he won't do just the butt lift he said I have to get a tummy tuck as well because I do have a baby gut. I had 2 kids by C-section. I am just not ready yet for a tummy tuck. I am 26 years old. Is this the answer that every Dr will give me?

BBL Candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. Most surgeons will give you the best advice possible -if you have extra sagging skin in your abdomen they will suggest you to have an abdominoplasty in order to give the best result as possible. After a BBL, when liposuction is performed in your abdomen the saggy skin will become saggier, this is why the surgeon might have advised you a tummy tuck too. Of course it is not a must, it is an option. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate

Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) requires fat from your own body and re-injected into your buttocks area. You may not be a good candidate for BBL if you lack excess fat. Tummytuck is a powerful cosmetic procedure that will get rid of excess skin within the abdomen area and tighten stomach muscles if needed.  However, tummytuck is an elective surgery requiring extensive downtime and will only be done if the patient is ready.

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Getting the most out of your BBL

In order to optimize BBL results you have to maximize removal of ALL of your fat; this means your arms, back, abdomen, legs, etc. When removing the fat, if these areas are going to be left with redundant skin, it is always prudent to consider tucking the skin, such as a tummy tuck, but you don't have to! A consultation will allow you to understand how much fat will be removed, and thus how much fat can be transferred to your buttocks. This way you can make a more reliable decision whether you will obtain the results you are seeking.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

BBL candidate

You don't necessarily have to get a tummy tuck if you are not  ready, but if you have loose lower abdominal skin your surgeon may have been suggesting it. Consult with a plastic surgeon or two who is experienced with fat transfer techniques and one you feel comfortable with.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.