I am 5'5", 95-100lbs, 32a currently, I'm looking to get 350-400cc. I'm wondering if 400 would be too big?

I am 5'5 95-100lbs, 32a currently, my appointment is set for nov 2 and I'm looking to get 350-400cc. Very small frame. I'm wondering if 400 would be too big? I wanted a d or dd but don't want to go too big for my body. Is 400 too much? I was given 350 for my original size from my doctor but I was told a lot of girls wish they would've gone bigger and I don't want that to happen! please give me your opinions!! my appointment is on November 2..thank you :)

Implant size and shape

So many different factors play into this decision including prior history of childbearing and nursing.

While I have placed this size implant in many women with your body dimensions other important criteria include the width of your chest and diameter of your breast and skin elasticity. 

If you are having a rough time deciding between 350 and 400, I would not worry as this essentially represents a 3 tablespoon difference.

Breast implant sizing

Implant sizing is based on your chest dimensions but you have to consider your height and weight as well. I would recommend discussing your measurements with your surgeon and coming up a final volume that matches your body and desired look after surgery.

Breast size

It would be really helpful to have a full consultation with breast measurements taken. Using this information, your plastic surgeon can help you chose the appropriate implants and the " look" you are going for and advise you on other adjunctive procedures to give you your desired look. There is no ideal correlation with volume of an implant and "cup size" due to many variables including the patient current breast volume and breast shape.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Computer Imaging is useful for situations like this. You can see what a specific implant will look like for your body.Also it is important to note the issue is not just the volume of the implant but also the shape of the implant All of the shape look different,ultra high,high,moderate plus and moderate.

Implant choice

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Would 40 cc be too big?

We can't tell you without an office examination, however the implant chosen must fit the dimension of the chest and the skin envelope of the breast to avoid malposition of the implant and provide a good marriage between the implant and natural breast tissue. Good luck with your search.

Breast Augmentation

With your height, that size may work. The volumes available to give you the goal look will depend on the space available on your chest coupled with the implant profile. So, if you want to go bigger than you should, the volume either has to go into larger "side boobs" or more volume forward to create a more fake look. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

400 cc's?

It's not really possible to give sizing recommendations over the internet.  During your consultation, your surgeon (hopefully) carefully measured your breast, and recommended implants that are appropriate given your body's dimensions and your goals.  Some surgeons also have 3D computer simulation to allow you to "see" your postoperative result (we have the Vectra system) to give patients peace of mind with their implant choice.  Best of luck with your surgery.

-Dr. Daniel Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

You have a very petite frame and it is important that your breast implant "fit" your chest properly.  Your surgeon should have measured the base width of your breast and recommended an implant that is the same with preferably less than the width of the base of your breast.  Try the Rice test at home to evaluate 400 cc and how it will look.  The test is described in the link below:

One of the considerations is your breast width. If you have very narrow breast, 400 cc may be too big.