Do I need a revision? (Photo)

I had my surgery 6 months ago"liposuccion+glande removed" Do I need revision ? Thank you.

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Need for a revision?

There is a chance that steroid injections might help. It's a little far but still worth a try. Good luck.

Do I Need A Revision Of My Gynecomastia Surgery?

Depending on how large your original gynecomastia (both true and pseudo), there may be some residual fat. 

As in any liposuction situation, it's almost impossible to remove every fat cell, and therefore I tell all my patients that a minor touchup may be necessary, especially in cases with a great deal of chest fat (pseudo gynecomastia).

Your picture demonstrating a pull on your chest and nipple skin shows loose skin, but not necessarily residual fat and gland.  Therefore, an in person examination by your Board Certified plastic surgeon should answer the question.  Facelifts take away skin, so when one pulls on their face, if the skin comes away from the face, you may need a touchup.  But since gynecomastia surgery only takes away fat and gland but not skin, you may have loose skin which is normally not part of a standard, male breast reduction surgery. 

All in all, if you had a large breast previously, then your results look pretty good, but only the surgeon who operated on you can give you the absolute answer as to how well you are doing.  I recommend you call him or her now and set up a post operative consultation. 

Revision?

without seeing your before pictures it is difficult to judge the efficacy of the surgery. However after 6 month you can expect to see the final result. If you still want less tissue under your nipple you should talk to your surgeon about revision options.

All the best

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon