Hair loss that is not genetic - what's the cure? (photo)

hi i am a man, i am 28 years old my dad 60 yrs old, he is bald but he still have some haire seems to be male baldness patern. No one of my ancles is bald at all what to do cuz i am sure it s not genetic since our familly ancles aunts have no one who s gone bald in their 20s and 30s what s that what s the cure?

Hair loss

from the one photo and your history it sounds like male pattern balding caused by your genetics. Since you are still young, you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss with you the options you have available to you for preventative medications which can help slow the progression of hair loss. 

Chicago Physician

Genetic Hair loss

I suspect you have genetic male pattern hair loss.  Genetic hair loss is a complex trait that may have contributing factors from both sides of the family. Since gene expression is related to a number of other factors age, stress, hormone levels, etc. baldness can begin anytime.  Many patients lose hair when they can't identify anyone in their family that has lost hair & the opposite is sometimes true, everyone in the family has lost hair but one individual.  The key is you address your hair loss early.  I recommend you visit with a hair loss expert to discuss how you can stop the progression of your hair loss.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

No cure for genetic hair loss

You need to see a physician in person to get an accurate diagnosis, and from what you describe of your family history, you have male pattern (genetic) hair loss.  There are many treatments for this (finasteride in particular is great and may regrow hair since you are starting early), but there are no cures, my friend.  

Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Genetic Pattern Balding

The photograph you show is most likely male pattern balding in the crown. The genetic inheritance for balding can be inherited from both parents not just the mother's side of the family. There are medical treatments, FDA approved that will help male pattern crown balding.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Looking for a Cure--Hair Loss Treatments with prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

PRP & Light-Based laser for hair regrowth

An FDA-cleared medical device that is cold laser utilized light therapy for optimal result. It is backed by science and improves hair growth by supporting the natural cellular functions on your scalp. The best that we have seen that yields good result is LaserCap and we have had over 85% success rate with our patients. It's non-invasive, discreet, and can be used every day or every other day for 25 mintues.

Another great option that has promising result is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy that uses platelets, plasma, and stem cells to stimulate the scalp. Usually it takes about 4 treatments.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Crown thinning

In men, this is 99% genetic and it will eventually get worse as you get older. Drugs like minoxidil or propecia work to slow or reverse it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon