Ultrasound fat removal candidate?

Who offers ultrasound body sculpting or something similar? I'm 25, 5'4" athletic build at 120 lbs and 15% bf - however I do still have those "stubborn" pinchable spots st inner thigh and waistline. I live near DC.

Ultrasound fat reduction

At your weight non surgical modalities become a viable consideration. Call your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He or she is most likely familiar with surgical and nonsurgical techniques for fat reduction in the abdominal area.

Are you referring to surgical or non-surgical

We offer multiple modalities of body sculpting both non-invasive and invasive ranging from ultrashape power, liposonix, vaser, coolsculpting and traditional liposuction both awake and under general anesthesia.  My advice would be seek out an expert opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon that is trained in all of the options you are considering.   We offer free consults at both our tysons corner and richmond virginia offices. 

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction removal of stubborn spots

Thank you for your question about your body sculpting liposuction.

I truly don't think you need to chose your machine. You need to find an experienced liposuction surgeon. I myself get excellent results with small cannulas and pulsatile liposuction. The heated machines, like ultrasonic liposuction, do have a small risk of damage to nerves under the skin but any machine will work well in the hands of an experienced surgery - and none get you good results in the hands of a poor one. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Ultrasound lipo

Yes, you may be the ideal candidate for this procedure. Disappointment often results from getting a noninvasive operation and expecting a great result. I see patients on a daily basis who had it done and and saw no difference, but none of them were 120 lbs. 

Choose the procedure and the doctor carefully. Cold based Lipo seems to work better than hot ultrasound based lipo, but the difference is unclear; ulitmatly (even in slender women like  yourself) nothing removes as much and is more precise than traditional super wet liposuction, done by a  board-certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of it. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasound fat removal candidate???

Thanks for your question.  You are an appropriate size for both noninvasive as well as standard fat reduction techniques.  We employ the Ultrashape Power for non-invasive fat destruction for patients who wish to have no downtime coupled with the Velashape for skin tightening.  If you would like liposuction, I employ VASER to complement standard liposuction.  WE are located in Richmond, VA and I will be happy to assist you in choosing which technology would benefit you the greatest.

Hi Ahess2,

I'm not sure if you're asking about ultrasound assisted liposuction (where the actual liposuction probe is boosted with energy from ultrasound or another energy source (aka VASER) to make fat removal easier), or about a noninvasive ultrasound body sculpting method?  I suspect the latter.  

The best way to address your "pinchable spot" will depend on if it is mostly skin or mostly fat.  Non-invasive ultrasound is pretty effective for skin tightening and sculpting.  There are some ultrasound fat removal systems, but I have not found them to be terribly effective.   Coolsculpting is much more effective in my opinion (and from the available data it seems), which is the non-invasive system my office offers.  (We offer it because I think it's better - not the other way around).  Even with Coolsculpting, there is a three to six month waiting period between the treatment and when you see the results, and the average is about a 20% reduction in fat.  There may or may not be some associated skin tightening (the company makes no claim to it, but we frequently see it).  For either procedure you decide on, find someone board certified to evaluate you and advise you of your options.  If it really is just a tiny bit of fat, having it surgically removed may be faster and just as inexpensive, with better results.

Best of Luck, and if I can be of any help please let me know!

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Go To An Expert for Awesome Results--VASER Hi Def

It sounds like you would be a candidate for VASER hi def liposculpture. VASER can sculpt and contour the body, giving you athletic definition and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. Don't let distance dissuade you. See a hi-def physique expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Fat removal

I think you are asking for ultrasonic liposuction?  In any case,  I would focus on finding a good surgeon not necessarily having it done by ultrasonic.  Best of luck.

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture.

From your description, it sounds like you may be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Ultrasound Lipo

There are lots of options for liposuction. We use the VASER ultrasonic liposuction system. It may have some benefit over standard liposuction for skin retraction, but standard liposuction techniques are still good. It can certainly help with those stubborn areas. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon