Can I tighten my skin without Tummy tuck? (photos)

I was quoted $6000 for Tummy tuck and was hoping I could tighten my skin without surgery

Tummy tuck is the only way to dramatically tighten stomach skin.

Thank you for your question. Although there are some nonsurgical skin tightening treatments out there that can provide some improvement, they can’t deliver the kind of dramatic results that are possible with a tummy tuck. Even though I haven’t examined you, I can see from your photos that there is a substantial amount of loose skin in the lower abdominal area, and I would say that significant improvement with nonsurgical options isn’t likely. These treatments would likely leave you dissatisfied and feeling as if you wasted your money. As much as you may want to avoid the cost of a tummy tuck, that is your best option if you want to achieve significant improvement in the appearance of your stomach. 

Tummy tuck

There are nonsurgical skin tightening treatments that you can check out, but the results won’t be as dramatic and predictable as a tummy tuck because you have a significant amount of loose skin. They can also get costly, since you’ll need several to make any impact.

Can I tighten my skin without Tummy tuck

I do not believe that any of the minimally invasive techniques for skin tightening would give you enough of an improvement to make it worth the time. I think the tummy tuck is your best and most reliable option.

Julio Garcia, MD

You will benefit from Liposuction

Hi. You are a very ideal candidate for Liposuction. Liposuction tightens the skin to a certain extent definitely. In our experience, similar clients have benefitted from Liposuction itself. 

Skin tightening

Hello. Thanks for the question. From your photograph it appears that you'd benefit most from a tummy tuck. Non-invasive skin tightening procedures would not be helpful in cases of poor skin elasticity. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Skin excess issue

Hello, thanks for the question

As I can appreciate unfortunately a tummy tuck is in order for you because your skin is a bit stretched and there's no other way to get rid of all the excess of skin.

best of lucks.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  Unfortunately liposuction alone will not give you a good result.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Skin Tightening without surgery

Unfortunately, once the skin is stretched to the point of loss of elasticity and showing stretch marks, there is not anything you can do to tighten it back up. There are many lasers out that promise skin tightening, but do not be fooled. Even though they may help minimally, if you expect to have it flat and tight again, it would require a tummy tuck.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Can I tighten loose skin without surgery?

No you can not.   Looking at your picture you appear to be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery and I would expect you to get an excellent correction.    You can spend a lot of money on non-surgical treatments but nothing will give you the same result as surgery.    Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tighten skin

NO........................................................................................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon