How long should I wait for a revision? (photos)

I've had 2 bbls. The first 11 months ago and a revision 1 week ago. I am so dissapointed once again. The results are so terrible. Both surgeries by the same doctor. A complete waste of time and money. My butt has no shape. It's flat and lacks any projection from all angles. The first 2 pics are what I wanted and the others is what I ended with

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implant

I appreciate your question. I recommend that you wait 6 months before undergoing a revision surgery to allow your body time to recover and heal. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

How long should I wait for a revision?

I can only give you advice from looking at your photos. The best advice comes with an in person consultation. What I will say is that I do a lot of BBLs. I can tell you that just from looking at your before photos, you will not look like your wish photo, BUT I do believe you can have a better results than you currently have. I recommend that you wait until you are 6 months post op until you think about another revision. The results of a BBL are limited by your body frame, intra-abdominal fat, diastasis, loose excess skin etc. Not everyone can realistically have the results of their wish photo. I believe that the most important part of you consultation is to make sure you are honest about realistic results.

How long should you wait prior to having a BBL revision?

Revisions should be delayed until all of the swelling, firmness and other post-surgical changes at the operative site have completely resolved. This process typically takes 3 months or more and therefore a safe general recommendation would be to wait 6 months prior to undergoing a revision.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

BBL Dissapointment

Thank you for your question and photo. I am sorry that you are dissapointed with your results. Typically most surgeons wait a minimum of 3-6 months before going back for a revision after liposction. This allows for the swelling to resolve and for the tissues to soften.  There is a range because this can occur at a different pace in each individual.  The good news is that you can get improved shape with further liposuction and shaping of the flanks and back.  It will require more surgery, but I am certain that your surgeon will want to help and get you to a point where you are happy.  Best wishes.

BBL dissatisfaction

Though I don't see your after as being flat or lacking projection, I must ask 3 questions: was your surgeon board certified in plastic surgery, did he-or she-operate at a certified facility, and most importantly; how many brazillian butt lifts had she, or she, done last year (2015)? If your answer is; no, no and many(!). See a surgeon who fulfills the criteria I outlined, and it will be less likely that you will be disappointed. Good results in BBLs are linked to experience. No one forgets how many butts they did last year or should use vague terms like "many". Just as in life: good judgment comes from experience, but experience-unfortunately-comes from bad judgment. Good luck next time.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon