I'm interested in getting a tummy tuck (mini tuck) & breast lift. Cost, the types of procedures, and healing time? (Photos)

I'm 26 years old have 2 children. My current Weight 155 height 5'7. Using the gym everyday to loose as much weight as possible.

Breast lift and tummy tuck

From your photos I see that you would definitely benefit from a tummy tuck. You may need a breast lift if your breasts are droopy but you like their size in a bra. Cost for these surgeries depend on the procedures done, hospital; and anesthesia costs and any board certified surgeon will give you a more accurate statement and many , like my office, will provide for financing options. Most of my patients return to work within 10 days after the "mommy makeover".

Vienna Plastic Surgeon

TT and Breast Lift

Hello, thank you for your question

As I appreciate you'll need a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction, if you want the breast lift there's an evaluation needed since you didn't  send any pictures, do not lose to much weight because the flaccidity can get worse so at the time of the surgery there'll be more skin to work with.

The recovery time varies from one person to another but the average is 10 to 15 days of complete rest and after that general care of the scar, for the breast surgery you have to stay more days without any effort or driving at all to protect the surgery since is one of the most delicate ones.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Your photos suggest that you would need a full TT to get a good result. In order to undergo that procedure I suggest that you should first complete your pregnancies( if you haven't done so yet. Since you do not show your breasts I cannot tell you what type of breast lift you would benefit from.. The 2 procedures can be performed at the same time. You would need a bout 10 days off from non-strenuous work.  

George Lefkovits, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift....

If you are not going to have any more kids, then a Full Tummy Tuck would be the best procedure for you.   A Mini Tummytuck only tightens the skin below your belly button.   But since you have loose skin above your belly button, it'll look a little funny.   I `would recommend that you continue in the gym until you reach your goal weight then consider a Tummy Tuck and maybe some lipo if you still don't have the figure you are looking for.   
As far as the breast lift....  If you need one, you'll love the resutls.  
Good Luck
Dr M

Mini tummy tuck and breast lift: is the best approach?

A miniabdominoplasty will not address the extra skin looseness above the belly button.  A full abdominoplasty will give a better result. I have seen a number of patients who were disappointed in the results of a mini and then later underwent a second surgery.   That being said, you would see a major improvement from liposuction to the upper abdomen, muscle plication above and below the belly button through a floating umbilicus approach, and skin resection from the lower abdomen.   Either a full abdominoplasty or mini could easily be combined with breast surgery safely.  Prices vary widely.

Full tummy tuck

Dear Berni,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures.
 From observing your pictures, you appear to have skin and muscles laxity from the chest bone to the pubic bone, your waists are blunted and your posture is such, due to the protrusion of the stomach,  that it can strain your back , causing lower back pain.
  I have been in practice for 29 years and performed well over 1000 tummy tucks in my accredited surgery center. Based on that experience, I can tell you that mini tummy tuck will a very unhappy compromise, which will eventually bring you, after all,  to have full tummy tuck at a higher total cost.
 Your best option is full tummy tuck. That surgery will be one of your best investments in yourself. It will give you flat stomach with tight and youthful skin, narrower waists, improve your posture and most likely will make you lose weight due to the muscle tightening that will reduce the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger.
 I would strongly recommend to split the 2 procedures (tummy and breasts), because combining tummy tuck with breasts surgery can increase the severe complications rate 2-3 times (based on statistics data from cosmetic surgery insurance company). Also the lengthy surgery and surgeon's fatigue can compromise the outcome and you might need corrective surgery at additional cost.
  You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do you due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experience board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'Realself' for ratings and positive experience reports.
                                       Dr Widder

A mommy makeover will give you the result you're seeking

The good news is that you can have a beautiful result with the right combination of procedures - a mommy makeover - performed by a skilled surgeon. Based on your photos, I absolutely recommend a tummy tuck but it should be a full tuck rather than the mini version. The reason is because the mini tummy tuck won't improve the loose tissues around, and the fold above, the belly button, whereas the full tummy tuck will give you a beautifully flat and tightened abdomen from the rib cage down. Depending on how loose and stretched apart your 6-pack ab muscles are (which is common after pregnancy) I suspect you'd benefit from muscle tightening (called rectus diastasis repair), as well. And in nearly all patients like you, I also perform flank liposuction in order to restore the hourglass shape to the flanks and for full circumferential contouring - without flank lipo, a flat tummy and bulging flanks don't look right.

As far as a breast lift, I'd need to see your breasts to give a recommendation but suffice to say that the vertical "lollipop" lift is a fantastic operation to restore shape, symmetry and nipple position after pregnancy.

Breast deflation is also common post-pregnancy and so one question is whether you'd like to have augmentation in addition to a breast lift. Either implants or a "DIEP flap aug" (I can transfer your tummy tissue to your breasts for a natural augmentation) is effective. While implants are generally a safe option and the DIEP flap aug has longer recovery, the advantages of the DIEP flap procedure is the very natural feel and aging of your breasts without the risks associated with implants such as abnormal internal scarring (called capsular contracture), rippling, bottoming out, or a very rare lymphoma (cancer of the immune system) called ALCL.  

Cost is a function of how many procedures and the complexity of the procedures. A mommy makeover with tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift runs around $15K all in, whereas with a DIEP flap aug can go into the $25K range. The bottom line is that there are excellent options to give you a great and long lasting result! 

All my best in your search!
- Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift can provide an improved shape and perky look and feel to your breasts. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I'm interested in getting a tummy tuck (mini tuck) & breast lift. Cost, the types of procedures, and healing time?

Based on the photos, I would suggest a full tummy tuck with liposuction. A breast lift is recommended of you are happy with your volume, but not the shape of the breast. When these two procedures are combined, it is commonly referred to as a mommy makeover. The cost will vary by region. Regarding recovery, I recommend to my patients that they take two weeks off from work. You should expect 6 weeks for a full recovery, and will see some minor changes for three months. Good luck!

Mommy Makeover

You do not appear to be a candidate for a mini-tuck. You appear to have too much extra skin above the belly button which would require a full tummy tuck to tighten. You can combine this with properly done liposuction and a breast lift with or without implants so long as your health is good. This is a common request and your appearance now is typical of patients requesting this combination of procedures.
Most of my patients can do normal quiet activities of daily living right away, most don't drive for AT LEAST one week, they may not strain/lift heavy things/do cardio for a minimum of two weeks and cannot do heavy lifting/straining/abdominal exercises for 6-8 weeks. This all assumes normal healing.
The patients can stand up straight immediately, get in and out of bed, go up and down stairs and have full range of motion of their arms immediately.
Cost vary from region to region and from surgeon to surgeon. In Miami, total costs might run generally between $7000 - $10,000 if done in an accredited office facility.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD