1 month post op rhinoplasty for bridge reduction. Nose tip now looks crooked. (photos)

The tip of my nose now looks crooked. Is this swelling or do I have a reason to be concerned? I was told during my post op that it's just swelling but as time goes on it looks worse rather than better. The profile is great. It's just the front-on view where I can really tell. They did an open rhinoplasty, to me it looks as if the incision just didn't heel symmetric. Is this common? Will it change in time? Or Is it fixable? Thank you!

Tip issue

You would have to show your preop photos for comparison. Often, patients do not appreciate their asymmetry prior to surgery.

Crooked nose still has time to straighten out

Nose surgery is one of the most difficult operations. Taking care of people who've had nose surgery is equally as challenging. You still have swelling up to one year post surgery. You are very swollen right now and as things change your nose should improve. Naturally I do not know what your surgeon did. I think that you should give it approximately five more months. If it is crooked there are things that you can do to correct it. In order not to drive yourself so crazy ask your doctor what his options would entail for you.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD