Will my flat moles go away when I get older? (Photo)

I have a lot of flat miles on my face and I hate it. I am a teenager and I want to know if they will go away when I get older.

Flat Pigmented Moles on Face

Dear anitac2864~

Thank you for sharing your photo. It is unlikely that the moles would go away on their own. However, there are many treatments available to help improve the appearance. Bleaching creams or laser treatments can help lighten the color and make them less noticeable. Depending on the size and location, the moles can be removed surgically. Because a surgical removal would leave a scar that would fade over time, for a flat lesion it is usually better to treat the pigment before attempting a removal. Please see a physician to discuss your options, and remember to use sunscreen to prevent any sun damage.

Amy Hsu 

Moles don't usually go away on their own but can be treated by dermatologists

Dermatologists are the experts at diagnosing and treating moles and brown spots with the least amount of scarring.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic Mole Removal - SEE AN EXPERT Dermatlogic Surgeon

Most moles will develop by age 20, and it is highly unlikely that a mole will disappear on its own. Moles can be removed by a simple in office procedure, but you should consult an experienced cosmetic dermatologist.